Yesterday was fun; we went downstairs and walked all around the Casino, found where most things are, had breakfast, walked it off with some more exploring, went back up to the room to take a little nap. A simple dinner of 2 smash burgers, 2 drinks and one fry cost $60. The prices here are outrageous. Breakfast was $100 for 3 drinks (diet coke and coffees), french toast and bacon, and eggs/bacon/hash browns. Just…shew. Glad we’re not paying for all of it. We’re paying for some of it, because they don’t need to pay for Steve, just me. My room isn’t extra with him, or the flight, but the food, for sure.
The big thing of last night was when we went to see The Wizard of Oz in The Sphere. We walked there from here, about 1.2 miles. We had “The Good Witch VIP Experience”, which Steve didn’t know when he bought tickets. lol That just meant we could get in line early and get let in first. The BAD Witch Experience got in before we did, and they got a poster, some appetizers, some other stuff for half an hour before the event started. I didn’t need a poster or food, so I didn’t feel left out. There were several people who dressed up, there. Dorothy was the most common, with blue and white checkered gingham dresses, shirts, pants, and ruby red slippers, or sometimes more practical ruby red shoes. There were people in emerald green, and I heard tell of people dressing like the Scarecrow, etc., though I didn’t see them. It was a fun people-watching exercise.
Our tickets were in a great spot. Up high so you could see everything, but not nose bleed high, although even those tickets had to be good. Dead center row/seat. We didn’t really know what to expect, so I was surprised when it opened with credits, and it was the Wizard of Oz movie itself. Except it wasn’t. It was full on 3-D graphics, huge, all-encompassing. You couldn’t tell what was on the screen and what wasn’t sometimes. It looked like you could walk right into Oz, or Kansas, or the Emerald City. The tornado scene was intense. As that thing roared right at you, over your head, to the sides, they had fans blowing air around you, moving my hair around a lot, with some kind of grit as the dust was blowing around, and your chair vibrated a little, until the house fell with a thud that shook your seat. You were immersed right in the middle of the tornado, and it was wild. People screamed. I laughed. During the snowfall in the poppy field, little bits of snow blew all around the audience. At one point leaves were blowing all around. Butterflies were flying in the auditorium as well as on screen, and so were flying monkeys when they swarmed people. It surrounded you, and the way it moved you could feel like you were there. The bugs on the trees, the sun behind you up in the clouds breaking through, it was…really cool. We have wanted to see what’s in the Sphere for several years now, and I’m really glad we finally did it. It was worth it. I don’t know they make that so crystal clear, but dang.
Our tickets also gave us $30 worth of “free” vouchers to use on merchandise or food. Well, I didn’t need merchandise or food, so I went to a vendor there and bought $40 worth of water bottles, diet cokes, and a cold coffee for this morning. Had $.20 left. Now THAT’s worth it. ;)
So that was fun. Today we’re hitting Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant, “The Cut”, which is a dress-up to go into place. I brought such attire, and will be having a small breakfast so I can eat large quantities of expensive food later tonight. ;)
I’ll have to add photos when I get home, since I can’t do it via my iPad any more…
No comments:
Post a Comment