The Cut last night had fantastic food. Fantastic (as in sky high) prices too, but the steak was delicious, we had Kung Pow Cauliflower as a side and that’s one way I could eat cauliflower regularly. Absolutely fabulous. Fresh warm pretzel rolls with real butter. Yukon gold potato puree with french butter. And a banana custard in a dark chocolate ball that they melt around it with hot syrup. Mmm. We dressed up, and it was interesting that even though the website says you’re supposed to, there were still about 1/2 and 1/2 people in there who actually did. We were glad to though.
Walked around some more, we end up walking several miles a day here, which doesn’t come close to off-setting all the food we eat. lol
Watched a movie last night and then went to bed early. Woke up early. Which is fine, because tomorrow we have to get up and out early, and be at the airport by 7:30 am, to be ready to depart by 8 am for home with everyone. Best case scenario we land at 3:30 pm, but I’m guessing it’ll be closer to 4. Then a drive home, at 5 pm. Not terrible, as long as the weather is decent, which I think it should be, and they can make it non-stop for 4 hours and 15 minutes, which is debatable. We shall see.
This morning we went down to the Capri restaurant, which is a little place only for hotel guests by the pools. Outside but in the shade, with light breezes and some birds, and more good food for brunch. I stopped at a specialty donut shop to get a tiramisu and a boston cream donut, and at Starbucks to get an oatmilk vanilla iced latte, all for later, and then we headed back up to the room. Steve’s doing some work over there, and I’m doing a little work and a little surfing and debating on another nap. I’ve been napping a lot up here lately. Nap, eat, walk around, read a book, nap, eat. ;)
Morgan has had a rough go of it. She had two trips in a row in the Meridian where she had to get up at 5:30 and 4:30 am. Then she went down to Indy and got a hotel room, and got up at 2:30 am because she couldn’t sleep, got on an airline flight to Tulsa, OK, where she’s giving rides in BOB. Except the winds are 25 knots, gusty, and not down the runway, and she’s never flown BOB with that strong of winds. So I’ve been on the phone with her. She can do it, I know she can, but I’m also not going to make somebody do something they don’t feel right about. So I suggested she take it up by herself for a lap or two before having to deal with customers too, or simply just shutting down the rides and saying she’s not doing any until the winds die down some or at least get closer down the runway. She chewed on it for awhile, and then she decided to go, even though she said she was really nervous to do it on her own, too. She did two laps, and I watched her on FlightAware, and she said it wasn’t too terrible, but her hands and legs were shaking like leaves the whole time. But she did it, and she was fine. Like I knew she would be. She then had her first set of riders, and just got back from that. All that’s good, it expands your envelope and skills, but still being respectful of it is really important too. I saw the Stearman hadn’t done any rides. The T-6 has been doing them, and Fifi. The T-6 wouldn’t do them either depending on which pilot is on tour with it…so nobody would have blinked if she had stood down, including us. Gotta do what you gotta do! But in the end, since she did, I’m glad she did, because I knew she could. :)
Don’t have much on tap for today. When the new iPhones come out in a few weeks here, I’m probably going to order a new phone for me, of the now older generation. The back of mine is all shattered up, there is glass visible in the case, and cracks all the way up the back. It’s still working okay, as long as I don’t try to take it out of the case, but it’s been this way for a year and it’s getting worse. But once they announce the 17 model, the 16 models will drop by about $100 in price, and that’ll be as good a time as any to get one. In the meantime, hopefully it continues to hold together. lol
When we get home, I don’t think I'm going to eat much for awhile. I’m not gorging myself really, but three full meals a day isn’t my norm, and I feel like a stuffed sausage…stuffed with many good things, but still stuffed. I may have to fast or something.
We walked down to a restaurant on the "river". The food was all written in Italian so you had to figure out what you were eating. I had pear-stuffed ravioli with a cream sauce, asparagus pieces and walnuts on top. It was freaking delicious. I had a glass of white wine with it, and a scoop of dark chocolate gelato for dessert. Just perfection on food. I ate every bite of that stuff.
Okay, onward. Nothing exciting happening over here, just hanging out on our last day in Vegas.
Eh, I'm just going to post all the pictures on this date instead of trying to figure out which day is when.























No comments:
Post a Comment