Landed at Kokomo, but Defiance, Ohio was still 400' overcast when we left. Finally it lifted enough, and me and Morgan took off with Greg O in our back seat, going around cells, mostly in IFR, and I took the opportunity to teach them about weather enroute, what you saw on ADS-B weather vs out the window, why we were flying through something "red" on screen but not dangerous by looking out the window, etc.
Got to Defiance, and picked up the 340. Paid the bills, and flew with Greg back to Kokomo. He did the flying and the radios. At the end of the day, the RG flew for 5.1 hours, and I flew 4 legs in three different airplanes, and finally all our birds are home again.
Morgan had a class that she skipped out on to do all that flying, but we both decided that she'd learn a lot more from 5 hours of actual IFR flying than she would in an aviation management class sitting at a desk. We were right. ;)
View on top at 7000'
Reflection of me as I'm passing Morgan's 'ship' on screen.


No comments:
Post a Comment