Friday, January 06, 2023

Still Rolling

More bad weather, more non-flying.

The vet didn't get back to me with the cat's drugs, so I called them again, and they finally said they sent it to the pharmacy, whom I had just talked to yesterday about wanting it. The pharmacy gets it and calls me and leaves a message that they got the script in and they need me to call them back and verify I want it. And that's how you set me off. Getting this steroid had been one cluster after the other. The vet wants me to bring her in, they take three days to call it in, they tell me I have refills I don't have. The pharmacy says I don't have refills, then makes me call them BACK to verify that I want the drug I called yesterday to try to get filled but couldn't because I didn't have a refill and now I do.  WHY do I need to call you back again just to say "yes I want the drug I've been trying to get for days!"  Grrr.  So after lunch I went out to pick it up.  $35 for that bottle, but it's keeping the cat alive and eating so far, so...  J Edwards is right there by it, so I picked up some of Kaylee's favorite blackberry cream chocolates, since she's heading back to school tomorrow to set up and get ready to move back in, for her classes beginning on Monday.  While I was there I grabbed a piece of lemon blueberry cheesecake. I thought it was cake and it was cheesecake, and man oh man is that stuff amazing.  I only ate about 1/3 of it and it is Delicious.  I'm glad I have more to go.  Kaylee also made brownies to take to whomever she met with today, and left us quite a few, so I have lots of junk food around here.  Good stuff.

The good part for my productivity today was that Kaylee had something to do in Indy, and Steve went back out to the airport for several hours.  So I had from about 2-5 pm, and I made the most of it.  I turned on music, grabbed a water bottle, and made it through my whole closet.  I have another six bags in the trunk of my car, and I threw away another one.  The grand total is 13 bags of clothes/shoes donated and 3 bags of clothes tossed.  I'm kind of proud of that.   I go up and down and up and down in size. So I had jeans from skinny (for me) to fat (for me) and everything in between. I only kept the jeans that actually fit me right now, and about two pair of nice jeans that almost fit me, and would if I went down just probably 10 pounds.  Which very well may happen. It's not a "I have a dream" skinny, so...doable.  On my t-shirts, I have a small stack of t-shirts that I'll never wear but I can't throw away yet.  I put those on top out of the way until the day comes I can bring myself to toss them.  Right now I'm right in between a large and an XL on size. I wear XL because it's looser and more comfortable, but the larges do fit, I just feel them when I sit down, pulling on me or pressing up against my side, and that bugs me.  So I rearranged my closet so that the bottom shelf has L that I'll likely not wear as often but might. Next shelf up is the L that I would definitely wear if I was wearing L.  The next shelf up is the XL that I probably won't wear as often but might, and the top shelf is the XL that I definitely do wear more often.  Kaylee said "Do you think you'll keep it that organized?"  I said...I don't know. Maybe, if I'm only operating from one stack at a time, anyway, but no promises. 

One thing that going through everything makes clear is that you forget what you have.  T-shirts that I would have worn if they hadn't been on the bottom of a 2' tall stack of t-shirts that I didn't want to dig through.  Dress shirts that actually fit that were crammed in the back of my closet where I never go.  Jeans I didn't have a clue fit me right now until I tried every single stinking pair of them on.  I did get rid of jeans that had sparkly butts, wide flare bottoms, and super faded upper legs, even if they fit.  The sparkly butts I was never fond of, but they were what I could find back then because it was all that was in style, and now it's been out of style for ever and I while I don't care in general about style, THAT style, having sparkly roses on my butt, is a little too obviously out of style even for me, and never MY style in the first place.  The wide flare bottoms, same. I could not find a pair of jeans that didn't do that back then, and all they do is make me look shorter, when I'm not even short, and small head and shoulders, wide hips, small lower legs, then wide feet?  Looks funny.  The faded tops of the legs, I didn't mind that at the time and it would be okay now, but looking from a distance in a full length mirror I realized that they aren't super flattering.  So I just have nondescript, normal jeans for the most part, nothing very stylish, but nothing that goes OUT of style either. And at least they fit.  

The t-shirts, it really was a walk down memory lane. I kept one t-shirt from the various Kokomo Air Shows. One from our bi-plane fly-in. NOSHkosh.  Our CAF BOB/PT-26 shirts.  One each of a couple different colors of Glenndale shirts. Got rid of the rest.  One from Indian Hills when we used to do the fly-ins there. One from the TBM Avenger Gathering. I definitely kept the t-shirts from the Dubuque Formation Clinics. I earned those shirts.  I got rid of all of Women AirVenture Oshkosh shirts. I never ever wore them anyway, and the thing where they gather as many women together in one spot that they can to take their picture and pretend like they're all women pilots to make the numbers look bigger, without verifying anyone there actually IS a pilot (and a bunch of them are not) just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I did, however, keep all my normal yearly Oshkosh shirts.  I had shirts from a fighter group that we met at OSH one year, who camped with us for a bit. I have shirts from SMA Support, from Kaylee's highschool plays with her name on the back, from airshows that don't exist any more that we enjoyed, from places we visited. Deal's Gap when we rode the motorcycle down that awful road.  lol  My old Pizza Hut polo that I wore when I flew for them. Nathan's Gnat and Mustang shirts. A Purdue shirt. Just...everything you can imagine. I didn't keep duplicates of anything but the current Checkertail shirts I wear daily.  I threw away several white shirts I had loved and kept because they meant something to me, but...they had stains. The stains weren't coming out, so out they went.  White shirts are a terrible idea anyway, and I don't even look good in white. ;)  So it was a journey through my closet, I'll tell you what. But it looks good. Other than the fact that the majority of my hanging clothes are solid colors in dark blues, greens, blacks, or reds/burgundy. I don't have much imagination or variety in my closet. I wear work t-shirts and work sweatshirts 99% of my life.  So there's not much point in spending a lot of money on dress up clothes when I may be in a situation to dress up maybe twice a year, three times at best?  I'm not dressing up in an airplane.  I'm in an airplane, randomly sometimes, up to 3/4 of the year.  Besides, I like to be comfortable and not have to think about it.  But I would like to have a couple things to wear that are dressier, so I may have to work on that.  One thing at a time.

I made a pumpkin pie for Steve, which will please him highly, and got some exercise in today too, which pleases me. 

I paid Ann's credit card, and other bills. I got my own banking caught up and in order. Went in an adjusted my IRA, putting in a little more each month than I was before, too.

I feel like I'm forgetting a few things, but I can't concentrate any more, so I'll end here.  All in all, another good, solid, productive day.

No comments: