Roadie is eating a lot today and I haven't even steroided her in 2 days. That's unusual, usually by the 2nd day she slows down and I have to do it the 3rd. But she ate several cans today. She's moving slower, sleeping more, zooming less, but still doing okay. Tonight she had an unusually large #2, and went racing across the house twice. She's so funny.
Ann is still in good spirits, and hasn't had any bathroom accidents since she recovered from Covid, so we went back to normal underpants. Hopefully that isn't a mistake, but I don't think so, for now. We'll revisit it when it becomes a problem again.
I continued on my path of organizing and decluttering. I got the kitchen and house pretty much back in order after Kaylee left. Cleaned out the basket by my seat, got my power cords better organized down there so it doesn't look as cluttery. Went through my paperwork on my side of the desk, where things accumulate that I need to do on paper until I get to them. Cleaned out my three "slots" or shelves or whatever you call them on the desk. Went through 5 SD cards and 4 USB sticks to see what was on them, label the ones I'm keeping, delete and put away the empty ones. I threw away old bills and tax forms and all sorts of things from 2007 that I really don't need to have sitting around any more. ;) I finally wrote that letter of recommendation for Spencer to go to the airlines, even though I don't want him to. That one took me a couple hours to get right. I had to research airline rec letters and formats, come up with what to say, polish it up a little, etc. I also looked up and sent on some receipts for MBs from the avionics updates I did recently for almost $1800. Got my email all slimmed down to about six things that I'll need to work on later.
I also wrote out a response to a female pilot who was talking about how her chief pilot wouldn't solo her because he didn't like her perky bubbly silly self in an airplane. Then she put his feedback in the comments, and the reality was that he was very complimentary on about everything she did, with excellent observations and feedback, positive critiques on a few things, and then said that he was "unsat" (unsatisfactoring) her because on a go-around she pulled the nose up, got as slow as 43 kts, and still had the nose up, and he had to reach up and push the nose down. She turned it into a girl thing when it wasn't a girl thing, it was a pilot thing. So I spent awhile writing up a response to her on that, nicely. I don't care if you want to wear pink and ribbons or black and leather or starch and epaulettes, but someone who doesn't let you solo because you about stalled on a go-around is PROTECTING you, not being a big bad meanie head. I can't stand that. Girls going "I want to be treated the same" while also saying "But look how special I am, I want to be treated specially". Can't really have it both ways. Just be safe pilots, would you??
It's only 7:30 but I'm not sure I'll get any more productivity done today. Some of the things I have left to do include revamping the checklist for the T-6, and working on the C-45 groundschool I have to present next weekend which has some changes needed to it. That'll take more mental effort than I may be prepared to provide right now. Decluttering is mentally easy, creative projects take energy and effort. Maybe day after tomorrow. I'll be busy tomorrow too.
No comments:
Post a Comment