Today was Clarksburg, WV. Beautiful area. I felt fine this morning, cheerful, awake. Halfway through the day down there, I got tired, even fell asleep in the main area with people talking nearby. My joints started hurting but I figured I'd just sat too long. On the way home I could feel my headset getting hot around my ears, my scalp was hot, my eyes were burning, and my skin and joints hurt. That's my sign of a fever. When I put the plane away after we landed, I was shaking like a leaf, shivering. (He left while I was in the bathroom, and I put it away alone). When I got home, I took my temp and it was 102. Another half hour and it was 102.4. Then 103. Then 103.5. Then 103.9. That's when I took Tylenol. I have no symptoms of anything so far other than a raging fever and a bad headache from the fever. and the stiff and sore joints I get with fevers, and painful skin. I drank electrolytes, took vitamins, have been drinking a ton of fluids, and I held off on the Tylenol as long as I could to let it burn itself off if possible. But reaching 103.9 wasn't good. So now I'm back down after two doses of Tyelnol to about 101. Much more doable and I don't feel like I'm hallucinating any more. No cough, no runny nose, no idea what happened. Fine one hour, progressively crappy in a short time. From halfway home in the plane to pulling into my driveway I turned into a pumpkin. Steve was worried I was going to die on him, but I'm not going to an ER for just a high fever yet. Especially if I can control it with Tylenol. Whatever it is, it's bad timing, but of course it's always bad timing, because I'm never not busy. But our Christmas party is coming up in a few days and tomorrow I'm supposed to do 340 recurrent training. Instead I'll be doing it via Zoom in my living room for the ground, and rescheduling the flying. Obviously.
One of my students had asked me to write a letter of recommendation for her and I said I would. It was due tomorrow and in my sickness I forgot. Fortunately she texted me tonight, so with a rather high fever going, I wrote and sent off this letter of recommendation. Hopefully it's decent. I think it was. lol
The cat hasn't eaten much of anything in two days now. I couldn't get her to eat even a tiny amount today. She's just curled up asleep. *sigh*
I'm sleeping in the guest room to try to avoid getting Steve sick if it's not too late already. What a mess.
My courtesy car for today was really funny. It was a ginormous 15 passenger van like for old folks homes. I took photos of it trying to show scale/size and had to put myself in them to give some kind of context. That thing was huge, I'm surprised you didn't need a CDL to drive it. Ha.
I'll have to get pictures later. I feel crappy right now and I'm going to see about going to bed soon. I have to wake up early for 340 zoom groundschool. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment