Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Tennessee

Yesterday Steve went down to Illinois with Nathan and AE to move Jamie's college stuff back to Tipton.  While they were down there, they stopped at Doe's Steakhouse for huge delicious steaks.  They just got back this afternoon.

I had a student in the 172 in the pattern yesterday. We had gusty crosswinds, so it was good practice for him and he called it quits after .8.  Had enough.  ;)  Kaylee and I watched a movie and talked before bedtime.  

Today it was time to pick up Ann.  Kaylee wanted to stay here and get ready for her classes starting up soon.  I could have brought somebody along, but it's nice to get to just fly myself sometimes too.  And the guy I'd have probably taken was in official 340 training today at Frankfort and couldn't go anyway.  So I cruised down at FL200, and came home at FL170, and it was mostly clear and uneventful. Ann had trouble getting into the airplane, did in the Aerostar too, worse, but I just got behind her and pushed her in the rear end until we got up the steps.  The ride home was easy and she was smiling and thumbs-up.

When we got home, I topped off the plane and drove Ann past Panera to get some soup for dinner.  Unpacked her meds and some of her stuff, and left the rest for her to have something to do tonight and tomorrow.  She talked non-stop about her trip, she'd had a good time with everyone, and was also glad to be home.

The harder part was that the only name she could really remember was Cathy, and she didn't even remember who some of the others were at all, not just their names.  She said "I didn't know all those people, but I knew some of them."  "Those people" were Cathy, Lon, Alonna, Morgan & Ricky with Zeke and Izzy, Tanner, and Rania and Trey.  She referred to Lon as "Cathy's husband", and the rest were "That one young man" (Tanner), etc. Hearing her telling me stories about these nice people, that she's known their whole lives and loved fiercely, and not knowing who some of them even are.  She recognized a couple by their names, she said, she knew the names.  She also didn't think she'd ever been to that house before.  Of course she has many, many times over many years.  She seems so "normal" much of the time, seems normal when she's telling me about these people she doesn't know who are her family.  I don't even know how to unpack that, you know?

*sigh*

View from 20,000' today.

This meme originally said "Gov't", which, while I don't disagree with, my reaction to that is not limited to the Government telling me not to do something.  So I changed it.

We always knew I had a screw loose, didn't we?

No comments: