Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Back to Iowa

Steve and I went back to Iowa this morning to pick up Terry & Niesha. Their daughter's team lost on the first round of the Final Four, so they weren't there through Wednesday, which actually worked out really well for my schedule.  I had students scheduled from 2-7:30 pm, and I could go get them this morning and be back in time for my students.  Perfect.

It was windy and rainy all the way there.  I did the ILS 13 into there, with a 23-ish knot gusting direct crosswind. When I broke out of the clouds I didn't see the airport for a few seconds because our crab angle into the wind was enough that the runway was off to the right even though I was dead centered on the needles.  Good times.  :)

We picked them up, turned around and came home.  The clouds were coming down, but not low enough to require an approach yet.  I landed right at 2, just in time for my student, who...canceled because she felt nauseated and dizzy.  Good reason to not go flying!  Then my 4:30 student, she had a checkride scheduled for tomorrow.  But tomorrow's weather is calling for high winds, rain, the crap that I flew through on the way to and in Iowa, in fact.  Not a checkride day.  So we didn't meet up to sign endorsements.  Instead, I came home and tried to dig out from behind from being gone.

I took photos of my receipts and sent them to Steve to send out in billing for the 340, and did the same for the Bonanza trip. I sent in a receipt for MBros for that trip yesterday.  Picked up meds for Ann.  Unpacked my bag, cleaned up the kitchen, found that those stupid little ants are back and ruined a couple donuts we had left in a box on the counter.  Cleaned out my email, and started arranging for my upcoming week.  Friday I'm flying a Twin Comanche to Oklahoma with its new owner, who will then send me back home via American/United Airlines out of...Tulsa.  Ha. Kind of funny.  Monday I'm flying in the new 340 for nearby business trips in Louisville, KY and Evansville, IN with the new owner who is looking forward to flying his new plane again for only the second time.  I've got a flight review to do in a taildragger from Indy, a Pacer, and of course the Cheyenne currency.  I feel better about that today than I did last week, since these last two flights.  :)

Anyway, I did several other mundane things, organizational things, paperwork things, none of which you care about, so I'll wind it up here with a photo and a video from the Cheyenne trip today.

A little drippy today. And gusty. 

A little timelapse video of poofing into the clouds, through the clouds, then below the clouds back at Kokomo.

No comments: