In the meantime, my hair stylist, 9 months pregnant, is on her feet all day today doing people's last minute hair cuts, hair perms (me) and hair dyes, prior to them being shut down for at least 2 weeks. She is due in about 3 weeks, and is still hoping to come back in two weeks and do some more before she has to be gone for a little while. So first thing this morning she permed my hair, and it only took about 2 hours and 10-15 minutes. That included the perm, a trim, and eyebrow wax. Not shabby!! I gave her a big tip, a final "thanks and farewell and good luck coming up" bonus. She's super sweet.
From there I went out to Glenndale to pick up a couple Amazon packages we had there, and it was deserted. Poor Chuck is probably going nuts out there. He liked getting out and about and doing lunches and dinners with people and not sitting in his quiet house BEFORE. Now, with everybody hunkered down and isolated...that has to stink.
I've tried all the other stores, so today I tried Kroger. Almost no fruits or vegetables were left in the produce section, but they DID have bananas, must have just gotten a new batch in, so *score* there finally! No bread, no TP, no paper towels, no peanut butter, no crackers. But they DID have milk! They had a sign on their dairy section saying "Due to blah blah, each person is limited to three things from here. Eggs, gallons or half gallons of milk, pick three of whatever of those you want." There weren't any eggs left either, but I have almost a dozen at home here anyway, so that's okay. I took the milk and ran. So today's journey got me at least milk and bananas!
What cracked me up today, though, was at the store. There was a lady wearing a mask pushing her shopping cart and jogging behind it, heading for the milk section. She was bound and determined to get hers in before it was all gone (there was enough but she didn't know that yet). I'm watching her, and walking down the empty canned foods aisle, and over the loudspeakers I hear the iconic opening notes of "Eye of the Tiger." BUM BUM bum BUM. BUM bum BUM BUM bum Bummmmmmm. I. Cracked. Up. I started laughing in the middle of the store, and then I sang along with it the rest of the time. It was perfect.
When I got home, I left Ann's bananas and milk on the deck. We've been trying to stay distant to protect her. Not as much fun, but she doesn't need this. Then I brought the groceries in through the front door, because Steve was flea bombing the deck again and I can't come in that way. Kaylee was on her computer up front doing her online class. I give Steve the groceries, say "I'm going to park the car and I'll be back", go park the car in the garage, walk back to the front of the house, and he'd shut and locked the door on me and left, forgetting all about me. I had to text him and tell him I needed back in. The ole short term memory, man. ;)
Kaylee had Mer come over, and they've been up there Facetiming or Skyping or some form of social chatting with a group of friends for well over an hour. I enjoy listening to them laugh and have a good time up there, even if they are stuck in the house and not allowed to meet up in groups for awhile. Kaylee asked me to get different vegetables and fruits, so I hand picked the few remaining things I could get my hands on, and I wish her luck trying to figure out something to make with them. ;)
And now I guess it's time to work on a few projects again, get some stuff done, put the cats back on the deck, figure out dinner, put away the last load of laundry, and get back to life on the inside.
You may have to blow this up, but the table in front of you was grapes, the table behind that was something, to the left you can see the bins where onions and potatoes were is all empty, straight back against the wall were fruits and veggies in cut portions, and they're all gone, and to the right where you can't see is a wall full of where green and red veggies were supposed to be and weren't. It's weird, man.

No comments:
Post a Comment