We've done a little picking up and cleaning up, Kaylee has spent time next door playing, and I ran to Target to pick up black ballet shoes for Kaylee's ballet and tap photos that are being taken today.
This year is quite a bit different from last year, because now I've had the massive amount of experience of having done it
last year. This year I was prepared and ready to go. Blue outfit, pink tights, and black shoes, not pink. Check. Hair pins and bobby pins and hairspray. Check. Lipstick and blush. Check (only very very little of it). Two outfits, two pairs of shoes, bring hair stuff with me because she will mess it up. Check. Left part, low bun. Check. This year, instead of being the fish out of water looking around hopelessly at all the other mothers who obviously knew what they were doing when I didn't, I was one of the mothers who looked like they knew what they were doing, carrying the bag with everything we needed. This was a Vast Improvement over last year, and it made for a much less stressful day. (Although I am still terrible at doing a bun that will stay.) I took quite a few photos today while the girls were getting ready and getting their pictures taken, having even been prepared enough to bring my own camera to the party. The photographer was patient with all the parent shots, considering each time someone took a picture with a flash, it would trigger his large flash setup too. It took us almost two hours to do the individual shots for ballet and tap and the group shots for ballet and tap. But we made it, mission successfully accomplished!Unfortunately, my throat is scratchy, I keep sneezing, and my body is starting to feel weird. It has to hold off until Monday if it isn't allergies though, because I am busy tomorrow. In fact, tomorrow is now calling for patchy fog and 100% chance of rain out east, so any illness definitely has to hold off until Monday. *sigh*
Fortunately, Steve turned the corner and he is doing better today. He's doing some paperwork while he's sitting here, is eating more, and is definitely perkier. So at least whatever he had started passing within 48 hours.
Well, I'm going to work on some laundry and some paperwork and take a run out to Kokomo and get the Baron ready for tomorrow's trip, and pretend like my throat isn't scratchy. ;) See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment