Well, this was fun news. Today I learned that May 19th I get to suit up and go along with Nathan in the P-51 Mustang at an airshow! We'll be formation flying with another P-51 and a B-17, doing low (photo op) passes, etc. Now how cool is THAT?
I am purchasing an actual flight suit and helmet. The flight suits are made per your measurements, but these are men's flight suits and they don't even mention waist or hip, just inseam for arm and leg, and chest. Why do I get a bad feeling about how this will look on me? Funnily enough, I don't even know if you're supposed to wear clothes under these or not! I assumed I'd wear clothes, Steve thinks you just have underclothes on under there. I don't know but I will try to find out without being made fun of, which may be darn near impossible. lol
I also have to go practice getting IN it. There aren't any steps up to get in the plane, so you have to climb on the tire, then the strut, then the wing, then step over. Last week when I got in I bashed me knee so hard on the gun turret on the way up that it is STILL bruised. Bruised it to the bone, actually. Not only did I smash my kneecap, I looked like a total doofus. Can't have THAT, now can I! So I'm going out and practicing climbing up on that thing so I can get up in it hopefully without falling on my face-or butt-in public. :)
So coming up in the next couple of months I will be suited up and ready to rock and roll! I am taking my camera along for the ride too, buddy, you'd best believe it! I really hope I get some good shots. I may need a booster seat in the back seat so I can sit up high enough to actually See. What an opportunity for someone like me. I have to admit to being excited, though I'm trying not to be a geek about it. Still trying...
:D
No comments:
Post a Comment