I haven't heard what caused the accident, nor have I heard of any other cars being involved, and the photo only showed one car off by itself in the middle of nowhere, so guessing it's a single vehicle accident. Texting? Fatigue? Maybe we'll eventually find out, and if we don't, that's probably why. If someone else hit him or other cars or roadside hazards were involved, I feel like they'd have told us about that. I do feel for him. The surgery will involve rods and screws in his spine, and I can't imagine this isn't a long recovery. The good thing for him is that he's young, healthy and strong. So hopefully he recovers well and quickly. We told him he could come back and do ground lessons to stay in the game until he can fly again, and that the flying would be waiting for him.
Kaylee's car is still "out", so Steve got on it and asked for them to provide a car for her to drive in the meantime, as she's driving his car, he's sometimes driving my car, and I don't have a way around when he's got my car, and he doesn't have a way around when I've got my car. This is bullcrap. So today we went down to the place and they gave Kaylee a 2023 Dodge Durango to drive until her car is fixed or until we get a new car in place of this one.
I have a tan pair of Sketchers shoes that are nice, but I wore them on tour and got oil or dirt or grease on the top of them, so today I finally Googled how to wash them, and think I actually got them clean. You're not supposed to put them in the dryer, so they've been sitting on my deck trying to dry out, but I'll take the domestic win. I think it worked.
I sent an email about the flight helmet, and they got back to me with a huge, detailed, thorough email. I was impressed. The only down side is that it takes 90 days to get a helmet to you. So if I ordered today I'd get it sometime in October, or miss this year's flying season. Of course I missed last year's flying season too, but if I wait for October or later to order it, that's our slowest cash flow season and will make paying for it harder. I think Steve is wondering if I should try to get one somewhere else. But if I'm going to get a helmet, I do want a good one that'll last 17 years like the last one did. And I do want sound canceling, a normal plug for any airplane, and bluetooth.
I've got the Belgium/USA FIFA game on. Not that I care about soccer, but it's the only thing on TV and it's a big game. Except I get tense watching them go back and forth and shoot it, and I know my ring is telling me I'm getting "stressed", but I'm not really, it's just a game I don't care about, but it does make you tense anyway somehow. Brother. ;)
Baby SJ was released from the hospital and is home now with his mom and dad, so that's great news!
I can't think of anything else from today. Tomorrow is my ortho appointment for my knee. And I need to go to Huntington and fly the T-6 there at some point but I keep putting it off. I don't know why. Dealing with people, I guess, and new situations, not my strong suite. I need to get my oil changed in my car, too. I might try to do that tomorrow after my doc appointment if they have anything open.
Looks like the US is going to get creamed this time. Maybe I shouldn't have watched. I'll go watch "The Agency" and see if we come from behind in the end while I'm not looking.
No comments:
Post a Comment