We had steaks grilled out, and I made corn on the cob and scalloped potatoes and strawberry angel food cake. Good stuff! And AE came over and hung out with us and Kaylee and Molly. We watched the fireworks celebration for NYC on NBC and enjoyed that. That was pretty cool, actually! The Washington DC celebration was postponed for bad weather, but they fired that one up at midnight, and we were awake, so I watched that one too. Ended up watching it on CNN because when I was flipping through all the news channels, their sound quality was better. And they were pretty upbeat and happy about the whole event too. I didn't know it was going to last 40 minutes, and I get that they were trying to break a record, which I assume they did break. But whew, that was later than I intended on staying up. lol The finale was so many fireworks the parts they were showing were lit up like daytime. The rest of it was constant, but I actually thought the NYC show was a better show, more coordinated with music, more patterns and less random. But all in all, it was a nice patriotic low key good day. :)
We watched a few out in our back yard, too, even though it was lightly sprinkling. There was only one thing that happened, it was like someone detonated a bomb next door to us. Kaylee put it like this "My whole body did a screenshot". She's so right--it was so loud and so heavy that it stunned us, actually hurt. We all went outside, and another one hit. Like an actual stun grenade. I about blanked out when it happened. Steve goes behind the fence and sees a small crater in the abandoned back yard of the house next door to us, with smoldering/smoking leaves around it. No way was that a legal firework. Fortunately they only had two or did it twice before running, but whatever that was like military grade aggressive. The rest of the time we enjoyed the fireworks going off out there. Will always wonder what that was.
My ring has a cognitive brain test thing where it starts tracking your cognitive ability too. You're supposed to take the test 5 times to get a ground reading. I took it for the first time yesterday, and got "above average" on it. So that made me feel good, I liked that one. You are given a number and you have to translate it to a shape and draw the shape on the screen and do as many as you can in 30 seconds. So you have to read, think, and execute quickly and accurately. I still don't like that it keeps telling me that I'm overly stressed out and my stress level needs work. I mean, how does that help? ;)
Health-wise, my left knee is actually doing a better again. I have the ortho appointment on Tuesday morning and we'll see what he says. I'm hoping it really wasn't a tear and I can just regain some strength and move on. I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to walk around Oshkosh all week though. I've continued with the weights and my arm exercises. Left shoulder is still not 100% but I can operate it, it just twinges/hurts past a certain point. Maybe that's just how it goes at 54. I'm still increasing the reps on the arm exercises and when this gets too easy, will move up in weight again. For now, some of them are easy and some of them are still harder. Weight is still down a little over 2 months. Again, nothing that anybody can see, but better than going the other way. Steve has steadily been losing weight as well, is down 7 lbs himself. He's doing pretty well. Kaylee also doing well, enjoying her job, her house, her friends and her cat.
Mrs. Evenson has retired from Eastern now, and one of her former students is the new choir director. Can you imagine the pressure?? Mrs. E said she'd help the new girl to start with, help her get in the groove, so that's good. Mrs. E and Kaylee get together now and then for coffee or to hang out, which I think is kind of cool.
On Steve's sister's side of the family: on July 1st, Tanner C and his wife Halle had a baby boy, Sullivan Jude, nicknamed SJ. He's still in the hospital in the ICU with an infection, but they say he's doing well and getting stronger quickly and hopefully will be home soon! Also, Rania and her husband Tre H also just had a baby boy, Cyrus Major, born May 16th. Ironic that Rania's birthday is Sidney's birthday and her son's birthday is Devon's birthday! So for anyone counting, in order of age, Alonna is unmarried and moving to Virginia soon and doing well. Morgan and her husband Ricky have two boys, Ezekial (Zeke) and Israel (Izzy) and a daughter Zaria. Tanner with a son Sullivan, and Rania with a son Cyrus. And somehow we all got old.
Cyrus Hill
Hills
Howards
Sullivan Cherry
Sullivan
Tanner & Halle with SJ






No comments:
Post a Comment