It was about 4 hours round trip. I had Morgan do the first half, and I did the last half. Clay took the crew car, as usual there at Malden, so we didn't have a way to leave. So I ordered Sonic in from Uber Eats, and we had some burgers and tots for lunch. We were on the ground for like 5 hours, which actually went by fairly fast.
I dropped Clay off back at Delphi, landed at Kokomo, put everything away, and came on home to hang out with Kaylee and Steve for a few.
The one thing that did happen today, was Pennsylvania called. She called to let me know that they submitted my medical to Oklahoma City, as "Deferred". I asked if they talked to the FAA ahead of time and she said no, he never got hold of anyone, and they just submitted it, and now I have to wait for the FAA to answer me. Then she said he was going to call them on Wednesday to make sure they know they have everything there they need and to try to get a quick response. I'm like...if you could call Wednesday, why couldn't you call in the last two weeks since you got the report back from the shrink? And if you weren't going to call, why didn't you submit all this weeks ago so the process would get going? Now I have to wait on OK City, and hope they're relatively quick. But the odds aren't good that they'll be within the next few weeks quick. And also now, prior to this it wasn't submitted, so if the FAA had said they would have a problem, I wouldn't have had to submit it at all which would leave me Basic Med and Sport Pilot until I could get what they wanted ironed out. But now it's submitted, so if they say they have a problem, I am screwed. It's all or nothing at this point. And...so...nothing to do but keep going.
*sigh*
Conquest paperwork has been signed. Tomorrow I take it down to Ohio to get the bald tire changed, and then down to Bloomington to drop it off for the pre-buy inspection, which will be the last time I fly it unless the deal falls through on the pre-buy. Finis
No comments:
Post a Comment