My appointment was at 8:30 am. It was snowy and frigid and grey (again), I ran out to Glenndale to pick up some packages I'd accidentally had delivered there instead of Kokomo, and when I got home at 9:10 am, I had an email from my doctor's office in Russiaville that I had test updates in my portal. I open it to find a copy of my test results (which indicated clear and normal). At the appointment, the lady who man-handled my boobs let me know that I'd get a letter in the mail in 7-10 days, but my doctor would get the results sooner, and if anything was wrong, the doctor would call to schedule a follow-up, so if I didn't hear from the doctor by 10 days, the letter was going to be that things were fine. I had test results in FORTY MINUTES FLAT. The radiologist was there that morning, and maybe me being one of the first scans of the day meant he got to it sooner, or maybe they use AI to help, or...I don't know. But it was really impressive. You get a scan, you know within the hour what your results are. Cool. My next year's appointment is already set up for me. *sigh* Do I really have to do this every year? Is it REALLY necessary? Aren't I not helping matters by dosing each side with more radiation twice per side, four scans, every year? Besides, who needs to traumatize your tissue that often either? I swear if men had to do this with THEIR parts they'd come up with a better testing method.
I thought my morning didn't start out the greatest, but I think Kaylee's beat it. She worked from home because the early morning roads were bad on the way to Indy. Later in the afternoon it wasn't so bad. Around lunch time we were at lunch, and she texted that she'd just been rear-ended. Come to find out, she was sitting at a stoplight, a good ways back from the lady in front of her because of the road conditions, when a guy accelerated into and slammed into the back of her car, pushing her up into the car in front of her. Fortunately no visible damage on the car in front of her. They all pulled into the gas station nearby and he called the police to get a report. He saw the turn lane going and thought his lane was going and just accelerated right into the back of Kaylee. That’s a rather large brain fart, man. You don’t notice she’s not moving and her brake lights are on?!
The good newses are that 1) she’s not hurt, 2) the car is drivable, 3) she has video evidence that she wasn’t at fault on anything because of the car video camera set up Steve just installed not too long ago that she'd wanted, 4) The guy took ownership and probably has insurance to cover it and 5) she handled it all herself. She just texted to let us know afterwards and just…handled it. Like a grown-up. Which you’d think might be SOP for early 20s, but, well, isn't always with young people. She didn't freak out or call for help or anything. She's growin' up. The bad news is the car was less than a year old.
I'm fightin' for my life over here, as the kids say, keeping on keeping on.
Tomorrow I have to get the Conquest over to Toledo, but my problem is my chase plane at Delphi is probably stuck there with a bad runway. So may have to go to Back up plan #2, making Steve, who is already swamped with our Saturday Christmas party among other things, and Morgan (who is coincidentally bored, restless and depressed too), take the Aerostar over. It was better when she could take the Cherokee herself, but if we can't safely get it back on the runway, or get it out for that matter, after the airport manager came back and said the runway is "rough" with drifting and half melted refrozen snow, and a crosswind, well...what are we to do? Another *sigh*
Tomorrow also I have my 2nd to last dental appointment for the hole. Getting a mold made for my new tooth. Shouldn't hurt OR take very long, I wouldn't think...
Where I was *supposed* to go today but didn't because in good part this
The "Spa" where you wait to get your mammogram done











No comments:
Post a Comment