Well, it's not Christmas, but that's what we did today.
Normally we don't put up Christmas stuff until like mid-December, out of obligation. This year it's still NOVEMBER and we got it up, most of it anyway, over at Kaylee's house. We did it for two reasons. One, everything up here is grey. The skies, the ground, the world is cold and grey. We got 4-5" of snow Saturday. The roads were terrible, accidents all over, businesses closed, and the airport couldn't keep the runways open either, so the airport closed too, until late tomorrow, hangars not dug out until tomorrow. Not that I cared, because I sat home and watched it snow from my couch. It's depressing as hell. So putting up the Christmas tree up early gave us something cheerful and pretty to look at. Secondly, we did it over at Kaylee's because she's excited that Grandma and Grandpa are coming up for Christmas this year, and she's excited for them to meet Molly, and she wants to host over there, so we put the tree and such up over at her deck. We like it, it's festive. We had to make all the ornaments on the tree unbreakable because Molly has already climbed the tree twice. The only ornament that is breakable that we put on there is the little bell I got that was from Shaun. Kaylee wanted to play russian roulette with it and see what happens. :D
I ordered groceries from Wal-mart today, to be delivered. Bonus food showed up. I ended up with milk, ground beef, tilapia, chicken breasts, (and flaming hot cheetos) that I didn't order. But if Wal-mart goofs that up and you get stuff you didn't order, they won't take it back, they won't come get it or have you bring it to them. They tell you to keep it, and then they have to refund or send someone back out with the stuff to the place it was supposed to go to. So I got some free expensive-ish bonus food. Works for me, man.
I also ordered to be delivered with it, some different Christmas tree lights to put up. Our tree lights have been super bright cold white LEDs. They look bluish sometimes almost. I wanted warm white lights. The store was out of the two Kaylee and I tried to get, but found one more that was multi-colored that also had warm white for a setting, so we snagged those as the last option, and while they weren't 100% what we were looking for, they're about 95% what we were looking for and definitely better than what we had, and we like them.
Our sidewalk needed shoveled to have that stuff delivered, and Steve had already been working on other things, and was just hanging out in the bathroom for a long period of time, so I took the shovel and went out and took care of the front porch and the sidewalk all the way to the main sidewalk. Got back inside before he even came out, and he had no idea. So when I said the delivery would be there in 15 minutes, he groaned and said "Man, I need to shovel that", and when I told him I already had, I think it was a test of his heart function. He went up and looked at it and said "You did a good job with it!" super surprised. I know I haven't done it in awhile, but I AM able to. ;) So that was sort of fun, and worth it. lol
That's about it for now. I have some Christmas stuff to put up in our house too, not a whole tree or anything, but a few small things. I'll work on that tomorrow, probably, as I don't have any trips. I'm going to go out and pick up some unbreakable gold balls to put up on the tree too, if I can find them. Do a few little things around here, and try to festive it up a bit. Just a little.





No comments:
Post a Comment