I woke up not feeling very good at all. My head hurt, I felt thick and fuzzy. I took my Vitamins, drank water, drank a cup of black coffee, rested in my chair, ended up having to take a painkiller, and fortunately I didn't have to go anywhere until noon. About then the headache went away, and I started feeling better.
I get in the airplane on this super windy day, and the barometric pressure was 29.52. Yesterday it was 30.16. We had a DUMP in baro pressure. That instantly made me feel better...I'd have gotten a headache out of this day no matter what with a change like that--my headache wasn't a Covid headache. Steve had a headache too. I was going to get Ethan and Amber in MI, and he had a headache too. And up there the pressure was down to 29.42. Unreal low pressure, man.
The flight to Michigan was windy and turbulent, with 30 knot winds over there and 30 knot winds back home. Going into Delphi it was a direct crosswind too, so that was gonna be entertaining. I was supposed to be in MI at 2 and they'd be there sometime before 3. Well, they didn't end up making it until 4:30 pm, so my day was extended, but that was okay.
When I got them back to Delphi, the winds had died down to 17 knot gusts, but it wasn't a very good landing I did there. I said "Well that was firm" out loud. lol It figures because my landings up there and back at Frankfort were great, but not the one where they were on board...fortunately I have a couple years worth of good landings to bank on with them. ;)
We watched the sun set, and it was gorgeous tonight. After I put the plane away, I was hungry. I hadn't really eaten today other than a package of peanut butter crackers and a small baggie of pretzels, so I stopped in Frankfort, downtown, at their pizza place, and I went inside with my iPad and ordered a large pizza, sat there and read and ate 3 slices before getting a box to bring the rest home for Steve tonight and us tomorrow.
I feel better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday I was fairly sure I'd wake up feeling like crap today. The fact I did wake up feeling puny but not THAT kind of puny is lovely, actually. I have hope that I'll wake up tomorrow feeling pretty good now. :)
Steve and I are catching up on the 9-1-1 shows we missed the other night because of an old James Bond movie he started watching too late, tomorrow I have off and plan on resting other than some house chores, and...onward.
I got a message today from a guy who sent this photo and said I'd given him a ride when he was a kid, and he appreciated my positive influence in his life. He's now a CFI/CFII/MEI and wants to get into warbirds. I'm old.
On the way back from Michigan yesterday
Today's wind and grey
On the way home from Michigan Tonight
Purty
Home Sweet Home








No comments:
Post a Comment