Tuesday, October 07, 2025

Stuff

Steve and Kaylee are currently off hiking down in the park. It's getting dark, so hopefully they get back soon. ;) Our dinner will be arriving at 7:22 so they have like 5 minutes or I'm eating without them, because I hate it when my food gets cold. McCalister's broccoli cheddar soup and a salad, if you're wondering. Which you weren't.

Only thing on tap today was fetching the Meridian, which Morgan and I accomplished this afternoon. I took her and the Aerostar down to Terre Haute, landed, realized she hadn't told them we were coming--she thought I was asking about Marion knowing we were coming, when I meant the shop people. But they were able to get us the paperwork and pull the plane out and get it done anyway, so that was good. She took off in front of me, in a turboprop that goes 250 kts...up high. I took off behind her in the Aerostar, and steadily gained on her, until I caught and passed her in the Aerostar. The piston twin passed the turboprop. I was quite amused, and took a couple pictures, but I couldn't get a good one because we were too close and the skies are grey and yadda yadda. But I passed her and said hi and enjoyed it. 

The weather was supposed to be fine. It was supposed to be clear there, so I went on top of the clouds. But they got thicker and thicker, so I found a hole and got below them. We get there, and it's not clear, and it's good I came down. She drops the Meridian off at Marion, I pick her up and the skies are completely overcast now. I call in and the ceilings are at 1000' overcast, and 800' at Grissom. It's going IFR again. Luckily we landed before it dropped below 1000', but it's good we went when we went! It wasn't supposed to do that.

Kaylee and Steve just made it back, 5 min before the food gets here, so they did pretty well I'd say. It started raining on them, so they got wet, which I know annoys Steve, but he's wanting to get out and do more walking/hiking too. Kaylee did an 11 mile hike the other day, can't remember if I said that, but she's got a plan to get into good shape to do this mountain climbing thing, and she's on a mission.

Today was Prime Day, so I ordered several things we normally use anyway at anywhere from 20-50% off for the one day. I do like Prime Day from Amazon. Some good stuff sometimes. Last time I got Kaylee's Air Fryer for 40% off for a Christmas present for her. I got my replacement coffee maker same way, almost half off. If you can wait until those days, you can save some decent money on some things. Not all things, but some things.

The sewer people came the other day and took a chunk of our fence down so that they could access the alley and our side at the same time. They also left our actual gate open, and the wind slammed it around so much it broke the wood to the side of it, and now we have a broken gate piece too. We felt pretty naked having our little compound visible from the alley, and didn't like it. We shut all our blinds, etc. So this morning I had a great idea, to just put that piece of fence back up against the rest of the fence until they come back to work on it. It fit fine there, and Steve said "I'll have to come up with something to secure it" and I said "How about bungee cords?" and he was impressed. And did that. And now we don't have a gaping hole in our fence by the alley any more, and we're all happy again. ;) Well, as happy as we can be without having appropriate sewage use.

Because I don't have the ability to use large quantities of water, I went next door to do a load of laundry. I go back over, and it's not dry at all! I run it again, come back in 40 minutes, and it's still damp. I'm like...okay...and I look for the dryer lint trap. Find it, open it, and below is what comes out of it. I text Kaylee these pictures and say "GIRL". She said she has no good excuse, just that she's forgotten it existed for the last 4 months. I told her that her biggest fear is a house fire, (with Molly trapped, I didn't mention that part again) and this is how you get a house fire. But we got it cleaned out, and now she remembers again, so hopefully that won't happen again. Yikes.


LOOK AT THIS

Morgan in the Meridian



Pretty grey skies over the Aerostar

No comments: