Like I said, I took Morgan with me as a back up. I didn't really need it, but better to have it and not need it, especially when your approach is down to minimums. I flew the leg there, and had her fly the leg home. By the end of the day I was worn out because I'm not 100%, but not terrible.
Trenton, NJ, I broke out of the clouds 40 feet above minimums, landed in the grey and the rain. We went to a little cafe and had breakfast. They had all the stuff I normally like, the sugary waffles and pancakes and french toast flavored and cream cheese and all that. But I could just feel that my system wanted protein. So I ate eggs. I also had a little bacon, but I LEFT half of it on my plate because I wasn't very hungry. Again, something wrong with me. I also had a little bowl of fresh fruit which tasted good to me, and a piece of toast. I didn't eat anything else until I got home at like 7 pm. Not hungry. Yesterday I ended up eating one bowl of oatmeal, and a bowl of Ramen chicken noodles, and four crackers. Yep, my system was just like...nah.
While we were in Trenton, a pilot came up and wanted to talk to me about the Conquest. He was looking at getting one. So we walked out to the airplane and I let him up in it to check it out, and I truthfully told him it was pretty hard to beat that airplane for range, fuel efficiency, load hauling, and numbers.
The flight home was grey and IFR until the last hour, and then we broke out to a beautiful sunset.
Tomorrow I leave the house at 6 am for a trip to Ames, Iowa, then on to Medford, Wisconsin, then a drop off in Rochelle, Illinois, then home. Long day, but I just have to get through that one and I can sleep in Wednesday morning. At least tomorrow's weather is much better than today's was. :)
When Kaylee got home she called to talk for awhile, but I can't talk much without starting to cough too much. So instead I listened, and Molly the cat was talking a bunch too. She was happy to see Kaylee and was chatting and meowing away at her. It's cute. Kaylee's "Tilt Table Test" is Wednesday, where they try to determine issues with her heart rate, dizziness, etc. We shall see...
On top
Series of sunset photos
Pretty evening above it all















No comments:
Post a Comment