Thursday, September 05, 2024

Quieter

I have a quiet couple of days here, so I did usual errand things.  The only extra thing I did today was take the T-6 up for 5 takeoffs and landings of my own, and a go-around.  It's been a really long time since I went up and did my own 'exercising'. I've either been instructing or doing a ride or event, but just going up and practicing...not so much. Things are tight right now so I didn't want to burn the gas, either, but I didn't want to feel like I was sloppy, and that's how I've been feeling in it.  I was only up for like 40 minutes, and I'd rather have kept going, but...gas.  I did two 3-point landings, which I haven't done in like a year, and three wheel landings. Only one greaser out of 5 landings, but all otherwise good ones, even if not greasers. That's why I wanted to keep going. I really want to get to where I feel back in the full groove on it, not where I'm barely current.  Still felt good though.

The boys found the problem with BOB. A fitting on a return oil line was hanging on by a thread, and oil was blowing past it. Had the whole thing fallen off, it wouldn't have been an instant emergency because it was a return line, but it would have ended up losing oil on a long flight, say from Colorado home. It's great that they found it because that ought to take care of that problem. Now why the prop is frozen in the feathered position is a completely other question, and it's being sent off to be looked at on Monday.  We shall see.

After my flight, Jon also found a cracked push rod tube on the T-6. So it's grounded right now too, but they think they'll have it up again pretty quickly.

Not much else goin' on. Steve's doing business taxes, Kaylee is done babysitting the pets, and I'm watching Twister.

No comments: