Wednesday, July 10, 2024

A Few Things

I guess I did have a few things to talk about.

Kaylee talked to her boss today, who reiterated that she did not have a position available, period. She also told her that she wanted Kaylee to gain more experience before coming on as an eating disorder therapist, that doing the community mental health would be a perfect place for her to gain the overall generalized experience that she needs, and that she should keep in contact with them, and that she was amenable to seeing if a position opened up in the future when Kaylee had some more experience under her belt. I told her I thought that was a very positive interaction, that it was up front, honest, reassuring, and left the door open.  I also told her that that probably means that if the boss wanted her to have more experience, she probably wasn't gonna hire a different new intern that had less experience than even Kaylee does, even if she DID have a position, and Kaylee agreed that I'm probably right. I told her I'd save my "I told you so" for later, because I had to talk her off a ledge for a day or two there. I'm grateful that it wasn't actually that the boss didn't want her and did want someone else, because yuck.  She was quite upset at the thought, and I know it's a part of life to experience failure, but yuck. So she's doing much better today, which means so am I. ;)

I had a guy contact me today about flying to Grand Cayman, so I sent him all the info I'd gathered and said I'd be happy to help however I can. It felt good to be useful there.  lol

Morgan took the Citabria on her first ever solo long cross country for a vacation like that. We helped her out with tie downs and ideas on how to do things. I also know the airport manager there, and gave her his contact info and all the codes to the gates and lobby and such. I have so many contacts in my phone of little airports all across the country and their wifi passwords, gate codes, lobby codes, etc.  It's a great resource over the years.  lol

What I ended up doing today, besides a crap ton of scheduling things again (this is taking up so much time! I need a secretary!) was packing bedding and such for Oshkosh. Pillows, blankets, towels, big heavy stuff that needs to go. AE and Steve are taking the trailer up to OSH leaving Friday morning, so he's getting it all packed up and ready to go.

Steve and AE go Friday, I go up Sunday and pick up Steve in something, and then he goes back up Thursday for the rest of OSH, and I don't go up again until the next Wednesday.  If everything holds up.

Seems like there was something else I was going to talk about, but I forget. Our internet is down, over and over, and has been down an hour and a half now, so that's not cool. I'm using a hot spot on my phone to use cellular data to write this.  But I'll get off now before I eat up ALL our data.

No comments: