Steve and Kaylee drove out to the airport in the Corvette today to pick up some big uncooked burgers we had frozen and left over, and he grilled them up tonight for dinner, and we had those, and baked beans, and chips, and a bunch of fresh strawberries right out of the garden of a friend. I took care of Ann all day yesterday and all day today as my kind of gift. Kaylee gave her dad a huge back rub, neck rub, head rub, for so long that when she was done, he laid down on the floor and took a nap, no lie. Best Father's Day gift for him...your presence and a big back rub. ;) She also worked on my back, and said that my shoulders were hard as rocks, and she found a knot on my right side that hurt, and she just kept pushing, rubbing and poking at it, and my back is still sore two hours later. I'm not uptight today, but my shoulders always beg to differ.
My iPad has never been found. I need it for my job, so the process to get a new one commenced like...3 or 4 weeks ago. We don't just get one off of Amazon or Best Buy or whatever, we go through our Verizon representative, not sure why 100%, but the whole thing took forever. Then it was supposed to be here Friday, and now it's supposed to be here Monday. I hope it is, and then I'm going to need to find a cover that will allow it to be found, unlike my last cover that blocked the signal so the "Find my iPad" feature didn't work when you actually need it. So I'm hoping the thing actually arrives, that I can figure out how to set it up without my old one to transfer all the files over to, and that this goes smoothly. I'm gonna need it coming up here soon.
The new client I have with the Conquest, the airplane has been having multiple maintenance issues that they keep finding. I told E today that I'm glad they're finding it when and where and how they are. It could be worse--all this stuff could be breaking on us on trips instead of on the maintenance guy down in the actual shop in FL. So it's very frustrating, that our schedules have been completely messed up for months, I can't even schedule an eye appointment or a hair cutting appointment because we've been "going to start being really busy" for months now, any day now. But now I know it won't be Mon or Tues, so I'm going to try to see if I can get in for getting new contacts tomorrow or Tuesday. If not, not sure what I'll do as I'm on my last pair. The guy doing our checkouts is the same guy who did my Cheyenne checkout last year. So he says he knows me and is going to do a quick checkout on me, and then basically have me fly with Glenn, Ethan and Jason for the 15 hours they're required to have in type. I don't know anything about 441s, and I don't have any real materials to pre-study, so I've found some things on line I've been looking at. But the Conquest II manual I found is for the Dash 8 engines and this one has Dash 10, so I already know half the info in there isn't accurate. Fuel burn, weights, performance, all of it. *sigh* So I'm again hoping I don't look like an idiot or something when he comes to do my checkout. I did look over the TPE331 engine manual and hope I know enough to be halfway intelligent on the topic. I wish I cared more about engines and maintenance. It would make my life easier on checkouts. But as long as I know how to operate them, I have trouble caring about the "how/why". When they don't work, that's the mechanic's job to figure out. The rest of the info on the plane I'll have to try to figure out on the 'fly'.
So for now I'm still in a holding pattern.
I did Sunday stuff. Laundry, dishes, clean-up, organization, bill paying, banking, mine & Ann's, and a little shopping for household needs. Steve did his Sunday stuff, yard work, spraying for ants, grilling out, weed killing, watering, etc. A good day, and so it goeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment