It was another beautiful one. I had two students, including a cross country, kept me busy a lot of the day. The rest of the day I did other productive things. I got another copy of my gun permit being sent to me. When I cleaned out my big wallet to utilize the smaller one, a couple of my cards must have slid out of the stretched out slots they used to be in, including a formation card and my pink gun permit. So I have the replacement on the way. I also printed out my FCC Radio License for foreign flight operations, took it to Staples, and had it laminated, so now that's in my wallet too. Getting stuff done always feels good.
The aircraft sales guy, Tim, texted me today that he had a new toy in the hangar and I should come out and check it out. I had already seen it, so I went back over and looked at it closer--it's a pretty little Husky A-1B with 180 hp. Tim texted "take it up any time", and I really wanted to today because the weather was so gorgeous, but I had students and couldn't. I've got trips the next two days, all day and into late, so hopefully this weekend I can. I've never flown a Husky before but it looks pretty much like any other taildragger, with excellent takeoff and landing performance numbers. Takeoff roll of like 280'. I gotta play with this...

No comments:
Post a Comment