Friday, February 17, 2023

Ladies' Day

I am in such a good mood today.  

I got a jewelry cleaning device. The cleaners I have tried have just not worked well. A spray isn't cutting it, and the cream I had is great, but not for my wedding ring, as the cream just gets stuck in all the little stone prongs, and there are a lot of them.  So I got an ultrasound cleaning machine, and I popped my rings in there, and they came out so much better than before. The best part of all, though, was that it was a $50 machine and I got it for $22.  So that pleases me.

We sent off an email to one of the companies I fly for, and let them know we needed to raise my rates.  Haven't heard back on that yet, but I did get a text from them asking today if I'd be available on Tuesday for a trip to NC.  I said yes, and then rearranged my hair appointment I had for Tuesday morning.  Then tonight they got back to me and said they don't need to go after all but thanks.  I'm not going to rearrange my appointment back, so nothing better come up on my new day.  I want to get my hair cut before I go on tour in Florida for two weeks and it gets all scraggly.  :)

I got a private message from a pilot who said "The company I work for, FlexJet, is asking u to send in photos showcasing women in aviation this month. Would you mind if I lifted a couple photos off your FB page and sent the in, since you're one of the most accomplished aviators I know (female or otherwise)?"  That made me feel good, and I said of course. I like to help support women in aviation but the bottom line is, you can be special or you can be the same, and like I say, I want to be a good pilot, not just a good female pilot.  So hearing somebody say that, makes me feel good.

And speaking of female pilots, I flew from 9:30 am to 6 pm with a lunch break, and it all happened to be with three college girls working on their instrument rating.  The first one has been through airplane familiarity and is now into button pushing and VOR/GPS tracking.  The second is brand new and is still getting used to just flying and landing the new complex plane.  The third is in checkride prep, with her checkride originally scheduled for 6 days from now but was pushed to March 5th (bummer).  So each is in a different phase, but everybody really did a great job today, and it was a fun day.  Love it when they nail stuff.  That'll put a smile on your face, when three students in a row come back and kill it after not being able to fly for 2-4 weeks.  :)

I've lost about 5 pounds slowly but surely, so that also puts me in a good mood. I don't expect to be slim and trim any more, but I hate the feeling of that excess weight.  Another 10 pounds and I'd probably feel pretty good.  So I've been working on that a bit more lately while trying not to get discouraged at the slowness.  But today, it's 5 pounds less than it was, so that's good.

Steve and I have been forced into looking for a car, for awhile now.  My Buick has a constant Check Engine light on that they can't seem to keep off, occasionally it won't start for 5 minutes for no good reason, and other electrical dash issues, and is really expensive to fix when something on it breaks.  Kaylee toasted the Ford Explorer that was PLPD only so we didn't get any money from the wreck, and is now driving our old beige Jeep where the back window randomly rolls down by itself.  Steve's going to keep his Jeep but it is a 1985 and getting some rust on the body much to his dismay and has a crap ton of miles on it.  We are down on reliable vehicles.  So we're going to do something different and lease one, for me, first.  It's a Laura Car.  It's a cool (to me) color called "Octane Red", with a 3.6L V6 engine, leather, all wheel drive, 0 miles, warranty, and it's kind of a studly car.  We've been looking a long time, and most of the time I'm like "Yep, it's a car. Yep, it's another car."  This time, we saw this online and it just had my name on it.  So today we put a $500 deposit down on it so nobody else can take it. When it gets here in a few weeks, we have the option to look it over and see if we want it or not. If not, we get our money back, no harm no foul. We are probably going to lease it, and they have a new program now where you can lease for 3 years and then decide if you want to buy it or not. If you buy it, all the payments you made towards the lease go towards the purchase. If you don't want to, you turn it in and get another car.  I kinda think I might want to keep this one, but we'll see. We always have the option to change our mind at any time, so that's nice.  For now we'll see it when it gets here and decide if we want/like it for sure or not.  I told Steve, part of me was a little worried that it was a silly car for a 50 year old woman, but then I decided I didn't care, I like it.  So there.  ;)

And that's the end of my good day.  The guys are on the deck, I'm organizing my schedule and catching up my logbook and getting ready for tomorrow's adventures, which is a T-6 flight in some decent strong winds.  Giddy-up!



I am SO going to start getting speeding tickets again...

No comments: