Spencer, Jon and Rick put the props back on BOB. We are having a trouble getting the second prop done. A seal was damaged so we ordered another. It came in today and it was the wrong part, so they are sending another that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. It was supposed to be done Monday, and it won't be done till hopefully Wednesday now, at best.
This morning I woke up early so that I could go vote before my 8 am flight to Portsmouth, NH. The two ladies doing the checking in were very old and very mentally...not right. But eventually I got in and got done, and out to the airport, to be wheels up by 8:09 am. Not bad. We were doing 380-400 kts groundspeed at 27,000', which was also nice. Once in Portsmouth, I topped off the plane, then took a courtesy car into Maine and ate at a little place on the beach. I had clam chowder which was fine, and a lobster roll which was very good. Gotta eat stuff from Maine when in Maine, you know? Then I drove up and down the coast a bit, got out and walked on the beach, on the rocks. It was windy, and chilly, but the sun was out and bright, and it was a nice day anyway. The water is freezing, but of course it's the Atlantic Ocean, so...
We were on the way home at 24,000' with nasty headwinds, when someone got on the radio and said "Hi Laura". I couldn't recognize the voice, it was too quick. When I got home, I found out it was Jordan Brown. :D
I got an inexpensive airline ticket. I am going to go to Dallas on Thursday to the big CAF shindig on Jordan's C-47, and airline home on Sunday. We'll see how this goes.
Roadie in a sun beam
Moonlight so bright
How I found the Cheyenne this morning
The Atlantic Ocean
Cleveland at 24,000'











No comments:
Post a Comment