Sunday, October 02, 2022

Champ

I had a fellow come up from Indy to fly the Champ with me for his flight review. He owns a Pacer taildragger, hasn't flown in a year, and has never flown anything but his Pacer, so he wanted to check out in a different kind of airplane.  We went over to Glenndale and did some takeoffs and landings, and then back to Kokomo. It was windy and gusty, around 20 knots, so it was a pretty good workout in the airplane.  I was only going to fly for an hour, but he wasn't picking it up great, so we went for about 1.5.  After that, I saw Morgan was on the schedule to fly the Champ, and I figured it was a little gusty for her, so I texted and asked if she was going to fly. She said it was a little windy so probably not, and I offered to go up with her.  We went up and did 5 or 6 spins, to the left and right both, and then did a bunch of takeoffs and landings.  Good practice on gusty days, you know?  That also lasted about 1.5.  So on a day where I was going to just fly for one hour, I ended up flying for 3, and it was all good.  It was pretty, sunny, warm enough, and enjoyable.

My leg has been much better the last two days. I can now lift my leg to put my pants on instead of having to sit down and pull my own foot up with my hands, and I haven't been woken up in the middle of the night in severe pain for the last two nights either.  It's still a little weaker than the other leg, but I'll keep stretching it and working it.

Kaylee came home, she's been sick for about a week, and so has Morgan, the girl I flew with yesterday. Kaylee had a lot of big fatigue, Morgan had a high fever and congestion.  So apparently stuff is going around again, though it doesn't seem to be Covid.  Doesn't matter, I still don't want it.  lol

Our niece Morgan is pregnant with #3. Isaiah (Izzy) and Ezekiel (Zeke) are about to be big brothers.  


Me & Morgan

John R. parked his Bo on Runway 14 so his son could do Senior Photos

Me and Sandy on his flight review


The start of a spin to the right, but then I put the phone down to make sure everything went well.  ;)

A series of takeoff/landing shots with the shadow


No comments: