Thursday, March 10, 2022

Nifty Nifty Look Who's Fifty?

At lunch today, we had a person in their 50s (me), 60s (Steve), 70s (AE), and 80s (Chuck) at one table.  Kind of wild.  No longer am I two decades away from most of the people I hang out with.   :)  

I got a call this morning from Jordan B., who is heading down south to get checked out in a Mustang, and asked if I'd fly with him in the T-6, so he could do some takeoffs and landings from the back seat.  Sure, I didn't have any other plans for today, so I stole the 340 and headed off to Terre Haute.  Flew from the front seat while he flew from the back, and it was a beautiful day for it.  Landed, and we went over to the C-47, climbed up there and he explained how everything worked, said we'd go flying it this summer.  Which I'd like to do.  Then it was dinner time, so I joined him and Nikki and Ray for dinner before flying home in the dark.  All in all, it was a really nice day, and I hadn't had any other plans for the day, so why not, you know?

When I got home, Steve and Kaylee showed me a box that had arrived for me--with some tasty steaks and a cheesecake on the counter thawing out and waiting for me, from my mom.  Then they proceeded to gift me with a "colo-rectal stool test" with a bow on it, because, you know, I'm 50 now.  ;)  And a chocolate bar to "soften the blow" of the kit.  Last but not least, Kaylee gave me tickets to go to a concert in Indy of all my 80s/90s bands. Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Joan Jett, Poison.  We're going to go together, and Steve is going to get us a room down there to spend the night.  It'll be fun!  :)  And she paid for it with her own money that she'd saved up too, which was sweet.  

All in all, I'd say it was a very good 50th birthday.  :)

T-6ing it.

Me & Jordan

C-47 cockpit

C-340 cockpit on the way home at night

Aren't they sweet?  ;)

No comments: