Sunday, March 13, 2022

Marching On

Today is Kaylee's last day here, from Spring Break.  She's made some extra gooey brownies to take back to school with her for a brownie-baking contest with her roommates, done the loads of laundry, and packed up her yoga mat.  It's been nice having her home.  She's visited with friends, worked on homework, watched Criminal Minds with me, hung out with her cat, gone down to Indy to eat with people, had dinner with us most nights, celebrated my birthday, and all in all had a good time off.  

I woke up today ready to go back to sleep for awhile until I saw it was 9 am.  Which means it was 8 am as far as my system was concerned.  I went ahead and got up anyway just to stay in some kind of rhythm and not start off sleeping in until "10 am".  Ann slept in, for the same reason, but she has no reason to HAVE to get up at a certain time.  :)  

Yesterday I met up with Nathan, AE and Steve for lunch at Pastarrific, and the night before me, Chuck, AE and Steve went to Marble the Steakhouse for my birthday.  I had a filet, truffle fries, mushroom soup, and crème brulet for my official birthday dinner, and enjoyed it quite a bit.  The next day, Chuck claims he got food poisoning from his food.  We all ate the same thing except he had a hangar steak and the rest of us had filet.  I really doubt he got food poisoning from his steak, or from this place.  I'm guessing his system just didn't like something or other, but still, that's a bummer.  He already says he got food poisoning from Windmill Grill and won't go back there to eat, and there have been others I don't remember. I think his system revolts sometimes, but I don't know that he keeps getting food poisoning.  The one time in my life I had food poisoning, on my birthday 2 years ago after fish tacos gone wrong, I thought I was going to die.  I could feel my stomach swell up with gasses to the point of physical pain, I couldn't spend more than 20 minutes away from the bathroom, and at any given time I couldn't always decide whether I had to put my face or my rear over the toilet first.  I have only eaten fish tacos once since then, too.  It was really, really bad.  Then 24 hours later or so, it was like a switch flipped, and I was weak and dehydrated, but fine.  I'll pass on ever doing that again, thanks. 

Anyway. The rest of us enjoyed the meal.  lol  Yesterday was also more my "Sunday", as I caught up on household stuff.  Today I think I'll work on a checklist for BOB, and maybe start writing down notes for what I want to say on my public speaking engagement in mid-April, now that that's only a month away.  Good Lord, I don't really want to do it.  Why am I doing it?  *sigh*

Not much else going on today, or in the previous days, but that'll be changing soon as we wind up towards Spring.  Tomorrow is a trip to Pennsylvania to drop off the Cheyenne for annual, with a slow flight home in the RG in strong headwinds.  I'll bring a book to read...

No comments: