Monday, February 14, 2022

Local Mayhem

It was good to see AE today at lunch--he's been in California for the last two weeks, and today was his first day back. 

I ran a Valentine's Day card, flowers, and candies to Ann, and left a little candy heart thing for Patsy too.

After lunch I had a checkride prep flight in the 172, and in the middle of it, a friend texted that he was stuck in Muncie and could I go get him.  I was going to use his other plane, but I couldn't get it started before the battery started running down in the cold, so I took our 172RG instead.   Nothing much went right this afternoon, but we all survived so that's fine.  lol

Steve and I ran through Culvers for dinner, and are watching 9-1-1 Lonestar.  Glad to get a break from the Olympics, wish other shows would still air too.  We don't all want to spend 2.5 weeks watching nothing but the Olympics. I'd like choices, not just re-runs. 

Tomorrow I've got a cross-country with a student, Thursday I'm donating blood, Saturday or Sunday going back down to Florida to pick up Kevin and all.  Tomorrow I was going to go to St. Louis, but D is going to go himself. He doesn't need me for that trip on a nice weather day now that he's current. Unfortunately.  All my guys are good enough to go without me now, and there goes my income, too; boo.  :)  Also I don't get hardly any flights where I just fly or where I can take someone along.  I'm sitting right seat when Ethan flies, sitting right seat when Dustin flies, and Nathan goes on most Cheyenne or Aerostar trips, so not hardly any bringing folks along on flights I do any more.  I need another additional something to come along.  It usually does sooner or later.  :)

Views from the 172RG on the way home from Muncie


Kokomo at sunset

No comments: