One of our instructors, Nick, came down with Covid. Not through flying or a student, and he didn't give it to anyone either, because it was over Christmas, but this is the second time he's had Covid. So the ole natural immunity doesn't work any better than the vaccine does over time for preventing Covid, but does minimize the severity too. He's not super sick. But he is of course grounded, and so is Jerry, whose wife is in the hospital with Covid, so right now it's just me and Steve who are actively instructing, with Steve C as a part time back-up who is gone right now because of the holidays anyway. Yikes.
Steve got his booster shot yesterday and hasn't had any reaction other than a sore arm that I gave him Tylenol for. Ann is scheduled for hers tomorrow. I'm *really* hoping she doesn't have any kind of reaction to it. Last thing we need is to make her weak or sick just before trying to figure out when we're taking her down to TN in the upcoming week. So fingers crossed there.
I woke up early thinking about things I needed to do, so when I got up, I did most of them. I called and scheduled my 2nd class medical, which doesn't expire until February, but Mike is always booked up two months in advance, and I have ended up running on a 3rd class for awhile until I could get in in the past. I usually wait until the last second. So I was sort of proud of myself for getting that on the books. ;) I went back and forth with two different guys who want to do T-6 flying. One now will wait for Spring, the other will probably try to do some before we put it down for annual in a couple weeks. Good enough. Had a conversation with the BT-13 checkout, and rescheduled that. Had a conversation with the parent of the 10 and 12 year old girls who were going to do a flight today. Rescheduled them with Spencer, as I may be gone once the weather gets nicer around here again. Had a conversation with D about the 340 and a screw up that the mechanics in Aurora did in our logbooks and POH. Steve called them about that and they should be getting on fixing that now. Talked to the other C-45 pilot, about putting the plane down or not for annual now or later, and he wants to fly it again next week, so we'll wait on that until after he's done. Rearranged some students who were on Jerry's schedule but he's not flying right now. Did some research for a couple things. Made the appointment for Ann's booster shot and put in all her info online. Went down to Booker's with various other pilots for dinner tonight, because Breeze Inn was closed for some reason. Exercised for the third day in a row. Scary. So all in all, it was a productive day. Just not a flying productive day. Tomorrow I've got one of Jerry's students at 9 am if the weather holds out, and I don't know if it will or not, so I'll have to wake up early to find out. If we do go, it's in the Champ, which I have to hand prop right now because the starter has an issue. Boo. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment