Z92.5's radio station is once again playing normal music, giving me two radio stations that come in in my car, instead of leaving me with one option and my bluetooth music off my phone. Halleluiah, the Mariah Carey and "Jingle Bell Rock" crap is gone for another year! I feel better already.
Mostly around here we cooked and ate food. I made turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and corn for the first night; we had bacon, sausages, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, OJ and fruit for breakfasts, the next night we made chicken breasts and had the leftovers of the sides. All good stuff, and the nice thing about cooking is having tasty homemade leftovers to eat for a couple of days. With what I've got left, some turkey slices, bacon, cheese, I'm going to put them all together and add some BBQ Sauce and enjoy. Tonight we cooked up some filets and finished off our sides, another tasty and unregrettable meal. We had Ann over during the holidays, and she did well. Cathy, Alonna and Tanner Facetimed with her on Christmas Day, and Kaylee Facetimed with us. Everyone seems to be doing okay.
We also watched a bunch of movies. We've seen a few good ones, and two stinkers. The first stinker was called "Fortress" with Bruce Willis. Apparently he has turned into a "Direct to Video" terrible movie maker. They pay him $1 million to show up, he badly recites some lines with no acting involved, and the movie is released direct to 'video'. I'm not kidding--google him and what he's been up to. This was easily the worst movie we've seen in a *Very* long time as far as acting, script, lines, all of it. The women in this Fortress were scantily clad with huge botox lips and fake cheekbones (and everything else) "fighting" in their tighty shorty shorts and tank tops that apparently all serious security people wear. And Bruce's voice, I actually googled it to see if someone else had done a voice-over on his lines because it doesn't even sound like him. It was bad. Really, laughable, terribly bad. The second stinker was just because it was slow, draggy, and depressing. "Redemption" is the name, with Jason Statham. We thought it was an action flick. Instead it was a "thoughtful blah blah", in other words, slow, draggy, long, and depressing. He rises from the homeless streets as a veteran with PTSD to avenge his homeless friend who was murdered, cleans up, makes a great story arc, and then at the end after he kills the guy responsible, sinks back into a homeless drunk on the streets, letting go of his daughter, a decent job, the girl he fell in love with, all of it. Just back to zero. Depressing. And only a couple decent fighting scenes in the whole 2 hour movie. That was definitely the death of a couple of hours. ;)
Tonight we made filets and finished off our sides leftovers of potatoes, stuffing and corn. Still good stuff. We're getting ready to watch another movie as our last day of 'freedom' at home while not working, waiting on Kaylee to call first. Steve had his buddies over for an evening, and they spent four hours on the deck chatting and having a cigar and some bourbon.
Around noon today, after the fog lifted, Steve and I went out to Kokomo Airport. He was helping Spencer put the cowl back on the Citabria after its annual, and then we pulled all the planes out to get the Citabria out, did a leak check, and then Spencer flew it back to Glenndale. Once we had everything else out, well, might as well pull out the Beech. I did the preflight, found a couple things, Steve put the oil back in from the catch cans, which takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and then we fired up. I took us off, did a high pass down Glenndale, circled over Nathan's house in Tipton, and then went up and did some maneuvers. Steep turns, power off stalls, engine out drill, etc., and then 3 takeoffs and landings. The first one I just tried to land. The second one I tried to land shorter, and the third one I just tried to grease on. I was successful at all three attempts, so I'll take that as a win. Then Steve did two takeoffs and landings. He got to practice tailwheel and getting a feel for the Twin Beech, and I got to practice instructing. That also went well, he did a nice job with it, and after five landings we decided to put it away before we had to switch fuel tanks and have another side to have to climb up on and fuel up. It's a pain.
The Champ is having a starter issue, so we had to hand prop the next guy who came along to fly it, the owner, Fryman, and then we ran back home in time for Steve to meet up with his buds. So today was a nice day. Getting up in the air and having everything go well was a nice breather. I felt a little less...heavy...today. I'm going to pull everything out again and get the T-6 out next time, probably Wednesday or Thursday, to get one last flight in it this year at least. It's almost been two months since I last flew it. Don't want to go too long.
Alright, now you're caught up...
Our deck in the middle of the night with the night capabilities of these cellphones.
Ann talking to Cathy, Alonna and Tanner
Off the wing of the C-45
Steve taxiing us back in after his last landing.
There are two rules being broken here. One concerns flightsuits.
There are two rules being broken here. One concerns flightsuits.
No comments:
Post a Comment