This morning was a biplane fly-in at Glenndale. I was originally going to bring the T-6, but I slept in and was running late, and pulling out the T-6 would include pulling out three airplanes. I was also still tired, and felt a little puny. I could have flown the T-6, but I was in a slower gear than that. So I got the Champ out instead, and that felt more right. I flew it to Glenndale, met Steve there and the others, and we had scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy and coffee and all sorts of good stuff. Hung out there until after 10 am, and then rain started moving in. So I flew the Champ back to Kokomo, and wasn't ready to be done flying. I did several takeoffs and landings, big slips down final, landing on the upwind wheel, landing on the downwind wheel, just...messing. With my music turned way up loud on my Bose Bluetooth headsets. I could have kept going for longer, but Steve wanted me to meet him at the house and drive down to Sheridan. So that's what we did.
Down at Sheridan it was raining, and we sat in a hangar with a Waco, ate some more, hung out, some folks drank, and it was just a really nice day.
The only photo I took was a selfie because I didn't get out there in time to get pictures of all the airplanes. Because I'm lame sometimes.
When I got home, Kaylee came for a visit, and stayed for a couple of hours. She brought me a fudge cookie from a cookie specialty place, and seemed to be doing fine. Had had a fun day out with her roommates down in Fishers/Indy today.
Oh, at Glenndale, one couple took caution tape and taped off their area so no airplanes could taxi or park on their area. They're the ridiculous couple that have caused most of our problems out at Glenndale, one of the main reasons Steve and I are not doing a lot of events out there any more. These two don't have one full brain between the both of them, and this just accentuated that. Such incompetent ignorant idiots. They think everyone is out to get them, and have discussed moving. Everyone who is now actually out to get them, would be most pleased if they really did move.
That's not a very nice note to end on, but I'm tired and out of interesting (?) things to say. ;)
Me in the Champ
No comments:
Post a Comment