It was 39° when I left the house this morning. Not appropriate. I wore a sweatshirt. Going down I had a guy with his two young daughters, who were excited to be able to go in an airplane. When I got down there, topped off, Kevin, his wife, daughter and her husband, son, me and the guy came home, while he left his two daughters with their mom down there for the week. We were fully loaded coming home; I didn't top off with fuel but calculated what we needed and just put that in. Saved about 800 lbs.
It was a bright, sunny day for a flight, which is good because we had a few mechanical gremlins. Backup computer doesn't work, backup inverter doesn't work, heading bug is messed up on one of the displays, both engines would randomly lose power because of some kind of issue with the limitier, which I could shut off and stop it from doing that, so I did, and we smelled something a little acrid most of the way home. No visible smoke, and it didn't get worse, but it didn't smell right, it was like...soldering iron? Hot wiring maybe? In case we did end up with visible smoke, or fire, I had a plan in place, which fortunately 1) it was severe clear out and 2) I didn't have to execute it.
When we got back, I was pretty tired, took a nap for a few minutes in my chair at home. Kaylee stopped by, worked on some stuff at home, visited Ann and Roadie, went out to dinner with us, and headed back to college.
Ann is fixing soup and then not eating it. She doesn't comprehend even if you say "fix it and EAT IT" on the paper, she'll fix it and heat it up and then put it in the fridge waiting for someone else to eat it. Weird, man. She can remember how to use the microwave but not to eat it, even if it's in writing.
Tomorrow is spin training for someone, a complex endorsement, a night cross country, and possibly a trip to Chicago and back in between. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment