My head went downhill fast from there. I went to lunch, and barely made it through lunch. Came home and took medicine and crashed on the couch basically for the rest of the day. Great day. (insert eyeroll here).
Home of hodge-podge thoughts, daily schedules, occasional mental musings, and the little bits of nothing special that make up any family's life. This is ours...
Friday, April 30, 2021
*Sigh*
The instructor told me he'd meet me at 10 am at the Kokomo FBO. I went to bed at midnight and fell right asleep, good and solid. At 2:30 am I woke up like an alarm had gone off, and I was wide awake. I was SO awake I looked at my watch to see if it was time to get up. I about lost it when I saw it was 2:30. I never really got back to sleep. I wasn't actually stressed out, either, believe it or not, I was just...awake. I felt pretty crappy by the time I got up at 8. My head was starting to hurt, too, which is great, just what I need, and it's partly from the lack of sleep, and partly from the weather/sinuses. I get out there, and now I'm getting nervous, and at 10 am I start waiting for him. By 10:30, I figure he forgot we were on a different time zone and he'd be there at 11. At 11 am the winds kicked up, way up, and went from 25 and bumped up to 35 knots, at a crosswind to the runway. A 172 went up and came right back down after one lap and said it was constant moderate turbulence and nasty windy. I texted the guy, and he hadn't even left Peoria yet. I found that...rude. He should have called or texted if he was going to be later than 10. It would have been after noon before he finally showed, without a word. That's just not cool. We decided to postpone until Monday. Of course Monday the weather is calling for 80% chance of rain. I'm never going to get this over with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment