Afterwards we went to Starbucks and grabbed a beverage and some banana bread, then on to Meijer to pick up some personal supplies. I dropped her back off at her dorm from there. She's still not quite herself. She's not engaged in a lot of activities, she doesn't have friends that she goes and does things with often, and she doesn't have anything extracurricular outside of her classes right now. Coming in mid-year, she was too late to audition and do a lot of the clubs, band, choir, drama stuff. So she's been spending a lot of time alone, and it's not...her. But after this semester ends, she plans on finding some things to join up on and go do, and that'll be good for her. In a way, this has also not been a terrible thing, briefly, because now she can go to a church service all by herself, and before she wouldn't go to a restaurant or a movie or ANYWHERE by herself. Now she can. But now she needs to get engaged socially out there too, and not stay too isolated. She needs that.
Kaylee's back window wouldn't go back up, so today Steve dropped it off at the maintenance place, and I picked him up. Turning around before he got there, I was watching a parked truck in my rearview mirror, and didn't see a trailer that was out of sight of my mirror. I backed into it, and scraped the back of the car. Steve was extra un-pleased. I wasn't pleased either, of course. Fortunately it's not like I have put many scrapes on many cars over the years. I just couldn't see the trailer in the rear view. It didn't dent, but it did scrape the paint down to the metal. *sigh*
It was 54 degrees and sunny today and I wanted to go fly the T-6. I didn't end up getting it done, because I spent time with Kaylee instead, then did the car swap thing, and then I came home and crashed for a few hours, I was sooooo tired. At dinner, Steve said he didn't think the T-6 was "up" anyway, they had started taking it apart for its annual. I guess it's a good thing I didn't try to go fly it then. ;) But what a loss of a beautiful aviation day. The rest of the upcoming week looks like clouds, rain, wind, and then snow. Today was "it" for awhile. *Another Sigh*
This morning when I went to leave the house, this dude was sitting there, right by our deck door, staring at me. He didn't care. Even when I opened the door and could have reached out and touched him, he didn't move. They're kind of creepy looking. He finally wandered off when I started walking past him.
And this was the sun streaming through the stained glass window at Kaylee's church this morning.
Isn't it pretty? Sun streaming through stained glass is also very peaceful to me.


No comments:
Post a Comment