Tuesday, July 23, 2019

P.S.

Tonight we went to schmooze at First Wing's event, which went well, and shortly here we're going to Wendt's on the Lake, an annual trek to eat fried perch for most of them and something else for me, with a great view of the lake and Warbird Island.  I have lots of pictures of Kaylee out there over the years.  :)

I forgot about a story from today.  One of the people we ran into was Wes Stovers, a P-51 pilot that I met several years ago now, when I was the photo ship with Greg Moorehead for an article for Warbird Digest.  He flew the "real" pilot of that plane, Jesse Frey, and we took air to air images of them.  It was my first time as a photo ship pilot, ever, and I thought it was super cool.  I even have a print of us in my living room, on the ground in front of the plane.  Well, I introduced myself to him today and asked if he remembered doing that, and he said he definitely did, that he'd loved that, and then he said "You did a fantastic job.  I fly with a lot of photo ships, and you can tell the difference when someone knows what they're doing."  He said that about 3 or 4 times, that I'd done a great job.  I should have told him it was my first time doing it, but I didn't think of it at the time.  Anyway, it made me smile that apparently I impressed him enough for him to remember me.  Greg Moorehead reached out to someone else to see if I'd be interested in doing another photo shoot in the T-6 with him and a couple Mustangs, coincidentally, in relation to the WASP Movie.  You betcha.  I'm in.  :)

No comments: