Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Interview

Tonight Steve and I had to do this interview for Kaylee.  She stood there and videoed us, asked us three questions in one and then cut us loose.  It took like four takes.  The first time I stalled out.  The second time Steve didn't take the cue.  The third time he got farther and then fizzled.  Then we couldn't stop laughing.  Mostly inappropriately.  Finally we got it done. It's just for Kaylee's school.  They're doing a segment on texting and driving, and in the movie they made, she dies because a friend was texting and ran into another car, wounding one and killing Kaylee.  Our questions were among other things what it was like losing a child, and how we would feel if we lost her to texting and driving.   Well, that wasn't that easy to do, or talk about, or put together.  Or think about. 

The little girl who was injured in the wreck yesterday is in a coma and they don't think she'll come out of it.  Yesterday a 15 year old boy t-boned another car on Dixon road and was killed.  And today there was a three car pile-up with "entrapment" also in Greentown, after school, and another helicopter was called in to take someone(someones) to Indy. Kaylee texted me that it wasn't her.  I didn't know about that wreck, but I was glad she texted me anyway.  People do lose their kids to accidents, and car accidents are the leading cause of teen deaths at this time, followed by suicide.  It's a scary world, and it's scarier if you stop to think about having your heart driving around on her own.  I just don't, won't, can't spend much time thinking about it, about "what ifs", and that's part of what made this video tough.

I got a lot of stuff done today that I needed to do, as far as some SMA Support stuff, bbq wrap-up, emails, letters, banking, you know, stuff.  Steve and I are feeling pretty good about a lot of that.  I'm going to try to catch up my logbook (exactly how much did I fly the T6 at the Bash, anyway, and why didn't I look at the hobbs in there?!) and get a few more things done before bed.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: