Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Still

No news on Kaylee, she's still doing fine, busy.

I had a full day scheduled, but after lunch, nothing went as planned.  I was supposed to go over to Muncie to do an insurance checkout for a guy in a C-310.  I don't know the guy, don't know the plane, but was recommended to the guy, so he called me up and I decided to do it.  I was getting ready to leave when he called and said "If you haven't left yet, don't!  I just saw the logbooks for the first time, and the annual seems to have expired in June."  So, that was canceled.  Good catch on his part before I got there (it's not his plane).  I also had a student at 6 pm.  Since my afternoon was canceled, Justin and I decided to go to Westfield and pick up a Champ that needed an oil change.  It was open according to the schedule.  We get down there, and the plane is gone.  Long story short, the instructor down there had decided to keep it with him for an extra couple of hours without marking it on the schedule.  I tried to take the other Champ over to pick up that one where it was, and I couldn't get in the door, and broke the handle.  So after flying down there, untying it, preflighting it, pulling it out, and spending 10 minutes trying to get in the plane, I had to push it back in, and tie it back down, and fly home, having accomplished nothing in an hour and a half or two.  My 6 pm student canceled too.  So I came home, ordered dinner for all of us, and caught up on some email stuff. The weather is likely going to tank over the next couple of days, when I am supposed to be busy flying.  We shall see.


No comments: