Finished with them at 5:30 when my next fella arrived. He's soloed and I was hoping to solo him again, but he didn't demonstrate the same capability he did two weeks ago, and I had to stay in the plane the whole 1.5. He was disappointed, but he just was not on his game today. It happens...
Once he was done, I needed to get the Cub back to Glenndale. I still had gas, but I had the bright idea to have Kokomo top it off so I could start off with full fuel next time. They top it off, I take off, and suddenly I'm at Glenndale, and the sun is going down, and it's peaceful, and nice, and I kind of relax for the first time today. I land, but I'm not done yet so I take off again, but there are folks down there watching so I'm not as relaxed any more. Do another landing or two, then leave for awhile and just watch the sun going down. I won't be able to stay up long enough to watch it set, as it's already late. So I land one last time, huff and puff and get the thing back in the hangar (not a super easy single person hangar, with that big lip on it requiring a properly placed ramp to get up inside), stop at Arby's for a 9 pm dinner, and finally head home.
Glenndale's runway is getting really rough, as is the taxiway. I was bouncing all over the place in both the Grumman and the Cub, just taxiing along, and on the takeoff, the bump is so bad now that I couldn't keep the Cub on the runway on takeoff. It launched me every time. The taxiway was so rough I was hugging myself to stop everything from jiggling. ;) Seriously though, that is not going to be fun in the T-6 later.
Anyway, from today:
Sierra while she was flying for a few minutes.
Josh flying us around.
The Cub at Kokomo
That fuel stick was all the way up when I left Kokomo...
Cub at Glenndale.





No comments:
Post a Comment