I got up and out to the airplane early this morning because I had to load up ten 50 pound boxes of cards/papers into the airplane. I'd done a weight and balance, actually like worked one out again, and put as much as I could in the nose. Justin had loaded some of them the night before, and I was left with the rest, and I'll tell you what, 50 pounds in a flat-ish box is heavier than I expected. I had a little trouble lifting a the last of them up into the nose! Either I have gotten older and weaker, or they weighed more than 50 lbs. Probably Choice A. But I broke a sweat by the time I got them all loaded in.
The two gents arrived shortly thereafter, and we lit out for Lebanon, TN, just east of Nashville. I waved at the Cherry's while I was there. :)
Two of the guys and I unloaded all those boxes into a truck, and they drove off for the day while I went into the FBO. I tried lying down, but couldn't sleep. So I went into town and got some food, then came back and tried to lie down. Couldn't sleep, so I got up and went for a walk, got about 6000 steps in. Came back and tried to lie down, couldn't sleep, and it was time to go. The trip home had some weird weather. Little bitty snow showers all across the state. I was on top of everything until Indy had me descend improperly, thinking I was going to another airport. I reminded them of where I was actually going, but now I'm down in the clouds and the snow squalls. Bumpy. The guy in the back didn't need bumpy. I had to shoot an approach in because there was a low, blowy snow squall in the way. But when you broke out of the snow, it was severe clear around you. You could look around and see all those snow areas all over the place, close to the ground. There was one time when sleet just started splatting all over the plane. I mean...it was raining sleet on the plane, hard, all of a sudden. THAT got my attention and I was watching it for a few seconds, and the guy in the right seat said "Look at all that snow!" And I said "That's not snow. Snow is dry." I keyed the mic to request immediate descent, and it was gone and back to regular snow. None of that, mister! You keep your sleet to yourself! Big old globs of icy rain. It was sort of interesting looking, actually, but...no thanks.
We unloaded those boxes of paper again (I got some exercise today), and then I ran home. Tried to nap for an hour. My phone kept going off, Steve started talking on the phone, then we started talking, and I gave up and drank a coke and headed out at 7:30 pm for my night flight. I stopped at McDonald's to pick up a cheeseburger and my Shamrock Shake for the year, and we flew from 8:30 until 10:15 pm. By the time we finished up, put it away, I stopped for a tea for Kaylee, and got home at 11 pm. So I started my day getting up at 5:38 and out the door by 6:30, and didn't finish until almost 17 hours later. Long day.
Kaylee got in the National Honors Society! Did I say that yesterday? If not, she did. And today she got an A- in a tricky Trig test. She's a little worried about her band event tomorrow, because she says they flew a composer/director in from N. Carolina, his music is really hard, they can't play it, and it goes "live" tomorrow night. Their band director brought him in, and she thinks he's disappointed in how they're sounding (and should be, according to her), and feels bad for the band director and everyone. But she says they just haven't had the time or practice to get it down. That's about it on Miss Kay. She's doing fine...
Oh. One of the pictures below is of a toilet/toilet paper. You see...while it is indelicate to discuss bathroom things, the bathrooms in this place had one weird issue. The toilet paper dispenser is one of those large industrial ones. It is pretty far away from the toilet. But the kicker is that the side closest to the toilet is shut down, and you have to reach clear to the wrong end of the toilet paper dispenser to get any out. You can't reach!! So if you don't get toilet paper before you sit down, you have to lean way over, get up basically, and get it. When you do that, the automatic flush senses you have moved, and it flushes before you can actually do anything. I went to a different bathroom the next time only to find the exact same set up. Who sets up their toilet/toilet paper that way?! So I took pictures. In the one with my hand, I was leaned all the way forward, arm stretched as far as I could get, and I was a good 8" away from being able to reach it. Of course I knew this ahead of time by now so I was prepared before I sat. I know, indelicate. But seriously...
Sunrise sequence from moon to sun.
SEE?? Why wouldn't they open the end closer to the toilet??
I couldn't reach any farther and still be seated.
This is just kinda true. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment