After we took Kaylee to youth group last night, Steve and I drove through Rally's for the first time in years. I drank half my tea, then this morning drank the other half. When I picked up the cup to throw it away, it rattled. The ice had all melted, I thought, so I opened the lid and looked inside, and found this:
I had a night flight tonight, and we went to New Castle. Beautiful evening for a night flight, clear, calm, smooth, and cool. I even ended up home by 10 pm, which was nice.
There was a guy who Facebook messaged me and asked me if I was a CFI. I said yes. He asked if I had any input on what he should study towards his initial CFI. I responded with information about the writtens, the flight exam, and the oral exam, and ended with "good luck". He wrote back "thanks captain obvious" and blocked me on FB so I couldn't see him or respond to him at all. Well, that was mature. I have screenshots of our brief conversation and know of a CFI page he frequents on Facebook, and am trying to decide if I post them and let others know what kind of guy this is, or if that makes me as childish as he and I should let it go. I haven't done anything yet, so usually that means it's best to leave it alone. But we'll see.
Last night I watched the debate live via Twitter on my iPad while Steve watched a TV show I'd already seen. It was the first debate I've actually watched this election cycle. I had to take my ear buds out a couple times when they started bickering, because I hate bickering and talking over each other. I did find it a little interesting though. Trump is not a smooth politician. He stumbles on words, he blurts thoughts. Hillary is a smooth talker, has lots of practice at that. However, not being a master politician isn't necessarily a bad thing. Having expert advisers in crucial areas is key, knowing when you need to listen to others. Anyway, both of them did some deflecting. First question: Are you guys being a good example to kids watching these debates? Hillary: "Good question. I'm going to do this and this and this." Trump: "Great question. We need to strengthen our borders and..." Nobody answered the question. Didn't even come close. I hate that. This is why I could never be a politician. If someone said "are you being a good example to kids watching the debates?" I'd probably say "Not particularly--the way these debates have gone, I wouldn't recommend them for children unless a parent is willing to sit and discuss what they're seeing and hearing and why." Or if I was trying to be PC, maybe "The debates are difficult to traverse. I'd like to think I am being a good example of a candidate defending her beliefs to the best of her ability within the framework of the debates that we all must adhere to." Or something like that. But to hear that question and then answer something completely different--I don't get how they do that, why they do that, or why they are allowed to get away with that. If I were the moderator I'd want to say "That was a nice opening statement of your case. Now, would you like a second try at answering the actual question?!"
I hate politics. Our whole system is so screwed up. And we keep electing the same people with the same smooth corruption, no matter which party they come from. Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten. And we keep getting further down the rabbit hole.
Grumble.
G'night.

No comments:
Post a Comment