Even though it was actually mostly above freezing, today felt more unpleasant than a lot of days that were sub-zero, because at least then the sun was usually shining and it looked nice even if it wasn't. Today it was grey and drippy and cold and windy and damp and gloomy and just...dreary. Bleh.
Kaylee is still not 100% but she's good enough to go to school, which she did today. She got back in time to have to take three tests (they let her postpone one of them). She's napping right now as I write this, resting up before she goes to her play practice tonight. Afterwards she'll still have a little homework to do, but she spent an hour getting most of it done already at least.
Steve and I may be fighting off some kind of bug too. I had bad, weird dreams, woke up feeling kind of icky (it's a technical term), was okay until I went to lunch, got a bad headache sitting at lunch, got home and it went away...but I had a lot to do today and anytime I start getting productive, I start feeling...off. Dazed, thick-headed, groggy, tired, achy, eyes hurt, head hurts. Steve said his throat hurts a little too. We're okay so far, just not great. Glad I wasn't supposed to fly today.
I did accomplish 95% of what I needed to today. The only things I have left are to get to the drug store for some Halls for Kaylee's throat and to get to a fax machine and send off my renewal form for NATA, the T-6 group. I'm always thrilled to send them $50 for...for what? Networking. Yeah. That's it. All that great, organized, personalized help they provide for their members.
It's not just the weather and not feeling well that's making me cranky, it's also a couple of low-time pilots on a social networking site who feel the need to be the "experts" to one of my students. Some of the advice was bad enough, but now one of them is telling my student how to handle his upcoming checkride, and how "no matter what the instructors say", yadda yadda. Please, oh wise New Private Pilot, tell me all about your expert knowledge of the checkride and the examiner after you've had one ride and spent a total of four hours with the examiner, versus three CFIs who have sent students to him regularly for over 20 years. I've had one private pilot student fail on his first attempt thus far, ever, but I sure do hope my student listens to YOU. Gah.
Well, I need to wake up poor sleeping Kaylee so she can get ready for and go to play practice. If I'm feeling okay, I'll run out to Staples or Glenndale and try faxing this NATA form over while I'm at it and finish off the deed for another year...
No comments:
Post a Comment