Sunday, December 09, 2012

Sunday Stuff

Well, I lost my Saturday, and Steve lost his Sunday.  He was the one who woke up with a bad headache this morning, and he tried to medicate it (which he doesn't do much) and sleep it off until about 3 p.m. or so.  He's feeling a bit better now, but not a lot.  So, thanks to our fierce headaches, we won't be able to get our Christmas tree until about a week and a half before Christmas now, since they're only open on weekends.  Kaylee wouldn't be sure which is worse--waiting so long to get a tree or not following the tradition of going to This Place to get one.  But it'll happen, just not as soon as she'd have liked.

I couldn't believe I slept all day yesterday, then went back to bed around 1 a.m. and slept through until 9 a.m. again.  I did wake up with a scratchy throat, talking like a frog man, and lightly coughing, but I feel okay.  Apparently we all needed a big ole rest break.  Even Kaylee has slept a lot this weekend. Her poor sinuses are all stuffed up right now, and even with an allergy pill and some Vicks Vapor Rub on her nose, she still can't breathe when she lays down at night.  Poor kid.  I hate it when she gets like that, because there's not a thing I can do to help her. 

Steve and Kaylee brought all our Christmas boxes in from the garage while I had to run out to Kokomo to do a little ground time with someone.  She's got lights up in her room, Christmas music going in the house, and feeling a bit more Christmassy and cheered up about not having a tree up yet.  Me, I just bought my first Christmas present today.  There are what, two weeks left before Christmas?  Yowza.

Bob Costa just talked about how for the second week in a row we had a tragedy in the NFL; this time a Cowboy drove drunk and killed his friend and teammate in a wreck.  I was waiting for Bob to say "And we need to outlaw alcohol, because it's too easy to get your hands on alcohol, and if he hadn't been able to get to alcohol so easily, Jerry would still be alive today."  But apparently Bob thinks only guns kill people and should be outlawed.  Bob, you're a tool.

On the "I must whine" front, I've been having trouble even getting doors locked in planes and hangars and such.  Tonight I almost couldn't get something shut at all.  Being overweight hasn't bothered me as much as it should, but being weak?  I can't stand that.  I've started being very dedicated about my stretching range of motion exercises.  I've been told by more than one professional now that this is a 6-12 month long recovery issue, and if I don't keep working at it, I could lose function or take years to recover.  So I keep stretching and stretching and making it go where it doesn't want to go, which hurts by the way, but aiming for hopefully the lower end of that recovery time.  I've never been physically weak in my life; even when I was skinny, I was very, even unusually strong, so this is, well, I hate this.  The weakness must go.

Enjoyed the Colts game today again, got some good food for this week, and other than everybody getting sick over the weekend, the rainy, foggy, overcast days weren't too shabby for a break.

And...late tonight I came down with a low-grade fever, about 100F.  I could feel it in my skin and eyes.  Ugh, I don't have time for this. That just honks me off!  C'mon... *sigh*

No comments: