Thursday, December 15, 2011

School Program

Tonight was Kaylee's school Christmas program. I really enjoyed it, and was pleasantly surprised when her public school had everyone in the audience stand and sing Christian Christmas carols. They didn't try to pretend it was a vague, androgynous "holiday", they named it for what they were celebrating, "Christmas", and they said "Merry Christmas" and they sang "Silent Night" and all manner of hymnal Christmas songs. Go Eastern. You have guts to do that in this day and age.

Kaylee's program lasted just over an hour. She had a great time, wore her crazy socks that I found for her, along with a sparkly black skirt that she ended up liking (these days it's a crap shoot as to whether she'll like clothes I pick out or not--she liked this one. ;)) The program was very professional and well done, with three kid elves who "em ceed" the event, a Santa, and the works. The songs were well done, and the kids did great. So all in all, I have to give Eastern's Christmas program two thumbs up. And Kaylee's performance in it, too. ;) She did start off shy on the first song, but after that she loosened up and had fun. Steve got video and I took pictures, of course! I don't have them ready yet, I don't have a lot as she was up on stage, but I did get some. Here she is on stage, and at home on the deck in her get-up...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. :)

No comments: