I was supposed to go on another trip this morning, starting at 6:30 a.m., home around 4 p.m., but they canceled the trip due to the meeting venue being changed. So instead I got Kaylee to her school bus stop by 7:38, then came home and slept for another hour and a half. Ahh.
Kaylee had a great day today, but when she woke up she said her throat was sore. She was sniffling last night, so I sort of figured it was allergy drainage and didn't think anything about it until I saw a post from one of her classmates' mother that it was her 3rd day with a fever and now her daughter (Kaylee's classmate/friend) is also sick. Oh, Fan-Tastic. *sigh* I broke out the vitamins. We made it through five days of school before someone came down sick in the petri-dish that is school. I hope Kaylee (and we) avoid this...
So far the math Kaylee is doing in school is what she did in about 3rd grade, so I hope they pick up the pace there a little bit. On the other hand, some of the other subjects like language are jumping in right where she was. She's doing well so far, even though she has homework every night and is less than thrilled about that. She got in trouble at school today for working on her homework in class. She said it was reading time and everyone else was reading a book, but she didn't feel like reading a book so she worked on her homework. The teacher came by, took away her paper, said "No, no, no!" and made her "turn over a card" which is a disciplinary action. You only get two per week before you...I don't know what happens, actually. lol Anyway, she said she didn't know she wasn't supposed to work on it during reading time, but now she does. I must be missing something because I don't see the problem either, but hey, rules are rules. :) That was her bummer for the day, but otherwise she's still having a really good time transitioning to the new school. Steve and I said we hope she gets at least a good solid month in before things start going too wrong, you know, to get a good foundation. ;)
A news story has been running about a women's basketball coach known to be a fierce competitor who has just been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. It was her story, how she was "fighting back", etc. Her son came on camera and said that she's practicing what she preaches, which is "It is what it is, but will be is up to me." She doesn't mean that she can control Alzheimer's, only how she handles what's coming. Steve said "That's a good quote--I bet that ends up on your blog." As much as I hate to prove him right, well, sometimes you gotta throw a bone, right? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment