I flew with them in the morning for a bit and went over cross-country stuff, ran to lunch, and came back to fly for just over an hour in the Champ. Finished with him, and Chuck flew me up over to where our 172 was fixed and stranded, and I flew it to Sheridan on an errand then back to Glenndale, in time to fly with a new guy in the Champ, getting his tailwheel endorsement. The first lesson is more ground than flight, so we spent about an hour on the ground, then flew for over half an hour before calling it a day. I made it home somewhere around 7 pm.
One humorous thing on the Champ flight. I made the comment "you need less right rudder". He said "Really? The ball is centered." I sat there for a second, then said "Really? Because my butt says you need less right rudder." He did a few more turns and a big slip and then said "Aw, man, the BALL is stuck! Right in the center! And here I was having the best flight of my life!" I don't know how you break, or fix, a ball, but by george we managed it. :D
I did get pictures of the ramp full of F-22s when we flew over them today, with a cruddy camera. Here's one. :)
Kaylee is doing well, less sneezing, fewer requested cough drops, she slept great last night, and had a great day at school today. Last week every paper she brought home was a 100%, which is neat. She's doing just fine...
No comments:
Post a Comment