Friday, March 26, 2010

Girls Gone Wild. :)

Ah, Friday!

This morning was a flight in the C-172 for about an hour and a half. It was a beautiful, clear day, but it was just a little too windy with the winds too far off the runway to send a student on his first solo cross-country, so instead we went up and did some "pushing the envelope" stuff in the airplane. It was his desire to do it, I didn't make him. :) It's mostly a confidence-building thing, so somebody can see what all the plane can do and how they can still control it, still be in charge of it even in some wilder situations. Of course a C-172 doesn't get all that wild, but it feels that way to someone who hasn't done it before... We also had standing water on the grass strip today in several places including across the taxiway and most of the middle section of the runway. I took the Jeep and ran down the runway first, finding the best path in and out for the day. It wasn't a good day to do repeat take offs and landings there, so we did one take off to get out, one landing to finish up, and did the rest of the work elsewhere.

Kaylee got to have a friend over tonight, which excited her. We went and got her friend, M, stopped at a local store and got these stick on fingernails the girls wanted to try, some Sun Chips and iced tea, and came on home for an evening of hanging out. :) The bad news is that our Wii doesn't seem to be working! It isn't getting any power, won't turn on, etc. Bad deal, man. Steve's going to see if it's the power supply sometime I guess, but that took away a main fun thing the girls were hoping to do. Instead we put on the fingernails, did a little cooking, played games, the girls went outside with the cats and played out in the sunshine for awhile, we made some playdough (recipe and such from Judy, the girls loved it), and all in all had a fun evening.

Steve got home late after spending a lot of time putting out a few computer fires. Never fun, but fortunately the fires lit off just about when he walked in the door, so at least he was already there and able to take care of it...

Our school did a "Little Caesar's Pizza" fundraiser, and I got some pizza and breadsticks, so that's what I made tonight for dinner. Not bad, not bad at all! I need to cook the breadsticks less, because I like mine gooey, but it was pretty good.

And then I watched "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution". Watching him make chicken nuggets about made me gag. I'm a little...sensitive...to disgusting things in meat products or meat by-products in or as foods anyway, and seeing them made from the fat and skin and blood and guts all blended together with processed food stuff pretty much guaranteed me skipping eating any chicken nuggets for a Very long time, perhaps ever, or buying them for Kaylee. Fortunately, processed chicken has made me sick since I was pregnant with Sidney. I don't know why, I never did, but I can tell in one bite and it literally makes me queasy, even today. (Same with icky beef products like the fatty chunks of whatever in cheap canned beef soup.) And Kaylee can't stand McDonald's nuggets any more either, but we both kind of like Burger King's chicken tenders. At least I used to. That was really nasty. He made his point, at least to me. I have to admit it made me laugh though when he asked how many of those kids would now eat the chicken nuggets he just made and they all raised their hands. He was stunned. He had never had a bunch of kids grossed out who then went on to eat it anyway. He asked them if it was good or bad food, and they said bad. He said "so why would you eat it??" and one little girl piped up and said "Because we're hungry right now, and it's there." Annnnd, that's Kaylee!

No comments: