I was too young when he died to remember my biological dad, but from what I hear, I got his uncontrollable dark hair and a bit of Gypsy blood. This means to me that sometimes I get restless when things are just going along on the status quo. It's why I detest winter so much. It's hard to have adventures when it's blasted cold and dark outside, when you don't like being cold and in the dark. It's part of why I used to move around so much. It's why I only eat at restaurants I don't have available to me at home when I fly to new places. It's part of why I love flying itself. It used to be driving, but the roads can't compete with the sky when it comes to feeling free. (For now. Until the TSA gets its claws in some more.) But I also remember what life was like with one medical (and personal) crisis after the other. There is such a thing as too much adventure. When I start finding myself restless, like now, I remind myself again that at one time I used to wish for "normal", and that our good, content lives are made up of the small, seeming insignificant moments that usually pass without much notice. Like me sitting here watching the Colts beat the Texans, drinking an Irish Coffee, while Steve and Kaylee play "Spy" in the other room. Or putting together a homemade puzzle at the kitchen counter on a Sunday afternoon. You know, the good things in life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment