Saturday, August 22, 2009

Workurday

I was supposed to give a lesson in the T-6 this morning, but the clouds kept hanging around all morning. After lunch the clouds finally made it high enough to go, but not enough for us to get high enough to be able to do much of anything good, so we rescheduled. Mornings like that are a pain because the first phone call is at 8 a.m. and after that you touch base about every hour, not knowing if you're going or not going. I'd also made it out to the airport and got things ready ahead of time in case it cleared off. That kind of leaves you on edge for the whole morning. I prefer days to either be nice or to be obviously not nice and take the back-and-forth out of it. :)

This afternoon the weather ended up fine, so after 2 I went out to Glenndale to fly the Champ with Jim. Did some slow flight, a stall or two, a couple of nice slips, take offs and landings, etc. It's a nice little airplane and I enjoyed the flight.

Next stop was my first flight with another of my Pinch Hitter folks in the 172 at Glenndale, and we had a little fun with that as well. The pilot spouse rode along in the back seat, which I'm sure was an odd feeling for him with his wife and some strange chick up front, but it went well. :)

I came home to dinner from Richard and Ann with fresh corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes included. Can't beat that! Steve and Kaylee are working on organizing some stuff in her room and Steve's been working on some billing things out of the house, and all in all other than Kaylee being home instead of in school, it felt more like a Tuesday than a Saturday. At least we got a good amount accomplished!

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
~Victoria Holt

No comments: