It's a bummer when there is something humorous you want to talk about that several people would enjoy, but you can't, because one must be intelligent about what one puts on the internet and who might see it, even if you don't think they know your blog exists. Oh well, I'M amused anyway. :D
Standing in line at the post office the other day, the man standing in line in front of me tugged on my shirt sleeve. I turned and looked at the stranger with a blank but hopefully semi-pleasant "may I help you?" look on my face, and he said "Hi Laura, how are you doing?" I didn't remember him for anything, and got no clues back from further conversation. I still don't know his name or why we know each other, but I hope I did a fair enough job of conversing that he doesn't know that. Man, that's terrible, I'm too young for that! Or maybe I'm around too many new people that stop in and introduce themselves and chat for a few minutes or fly once a year for a Flight Review or some such thing. But that standing there not knowing who someone is when they know who you are thing stinks!
Tonight was Kaylee's last night of Awanas for the year. She has the awards ceremony to go to next Wednesday where she should be getting her trophy for completing all three books. She is also memorizing the Fruit of the Spirit for school, and when she missed "longsuffering", I told her, and she looked at me blankly. I forgot they probably don't use King James any more, so I tried "Patience", and that rang a bell better for her. :)
I spent a good long while picking up green confetti off my living room floor today. Kaylee had spread it ALL over the floor for Mother's Day up front, and it's not something you can vacuum. Way too much, and it's shiny/thick/metallic. It has also found its way all over our house, stuck to people's feet. I debated, but even though it seems wrong for me to have to clean up a mess made for Mother's Day, even though I should probably have her do it, I just couldn't make her spend as much time as it would have taken her to do that clean-up job, not when she did it for me. So I'm a sucker sometimes... I did find out we got off lightly though-she told me she wanted to tape up red vine wire decorating hearts all over the walls, but figured Daddy would freak out. Boy is that the truth. We both stopped ourselves from commenting on the huge mess on the floor with the confetti when we saw it, but had she taped up stuff all over the walls, it would have ruined the paint up there, all over, and that would have...not been good. :O Fortunately she controlled herself, and after hearing that, I was grateful for just the confetti! Hey, she was trying to decorate it pretty for me, what can I say to that but "thank you"?? It's just a little extra pick-up time, right? ;)
Well, the nasty weather is here again. Time to hunker down with the heat on and a warm beverage and watch the rain fall...
No comments:
Post a Comment